Canadian Bethel Farm Sold

by Bumble Bee 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

I heard last night that the Canadian Bethel Farm has been sold.

The person told me that as a "special condition of sale" that they had to give the couple there looking after things 90 days to move out! (Law here in Ontario requires 90 days notice given to tenants when a property is sold - so it's not really anything special.)

Anybody else heard anything about this? I'll try and get more details.

BB

• Cellist
    Cellist

Very interesting. Let us know if you find out more.

Cellist

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

No more chicken kills?!?!?! gasp

No more day workers (aka hot pioneer sisters) coming in tempting the single boys with tight shorts and T's while picking fresh produce. Or getting a day off from factory work or office to go spend the day in the sun during harvest?

No more dips in the pond?

Whatever shall the boys in da big house do now?!?!

Seriously, the farm was actually one of the better perks of that place.

Well, not so much the chicken kills ... never really enjoyed getting covered in blood and chicken feces. My first job was to take the processed birds off the line and into cold water. Great job!! But then got "promoted" ( I was "too cocky and needed to learn my place") to butcher's assistant. This entailed, pulling live birds from their cages, hanging them by their feet, four to a rack, and handing the rack to the butcher who slit their throats. Bloody awful mess. Then actually was the throat slasher for a while. Till I got sick with Salmonella. No more chicken kills for me after that.

Closing of the Farm is just one more de-motivator for the people stuck in Geoergetown (Cdn Bethel).

Uzzah

• kid-A
    kid-A

I wonder if the Norval Assembly Hall will be going up on the market soon also? I hear they have been renting it out for "non-JW" events, conferences, etc, for several years now, in between circuit assemblies.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Another closing? Praise Jahufer, he sure speeds it up in his own time - streamlining the organization - just look at his chariot go!!

• James Free
    James Free
    he sure speeds it up in his own time - streamlining the organization - just look at his chariot go!!

LOL the only problem, he is going in the opposite direction!!

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

It's all Great news! Wow they rent the building out to worldy's Kid-A? I've never heard of them doing that before. Cool.

Like Dylan said way back in the 60's "For the times they are a changin'.

Dismembered

• Scully
    Scully
    I wonder if the Norval Assembly Hall will be going up on the market soon also? I hear they have been renting it out for "non-JW" events, conferences, etc, for several years now, in between circuit assemblies.

I wonder if that revenue shows up on their Income Tax Return. And just how exactly they explain that to the CRA to justify retaining their tax free Charitable Organization™ status.

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

Uzzah - I'm not sure I want to eat chicken anymore!! lol I think I'll stick to my memories of the farm - most of them are before it was sold to Bethel. I learned to swim in the pond there and we had great corn roasts out there in the fall.

kid-A - I hadn't heard about the Norval hall being rented out - that is very interesting news indeed. Lots of memories at that place too.

I'll see what other info I can get, the person that told me is going through some medical problems right now so I don't want to bother her too much about this right now.

BB

• mkr32208
    mkr32208
    I hear they have been renting it out for "non-JW" events, conferences, etc, for several years now, in between circuit assemblies.

I wonder if they "loyal JW's" who clean the place for FREE get any of the MONEY for cleaning up after "worldly" people. Dipshits are probrably thrilled to be able to make such a great sacrifice...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit