Oh, you Brits !!!!

by JH 14 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/4831180.stm

BBC NEWS Nation's knicker secrets revealed

One in 10 people wear their underwear for three days in a row, a peep into the nation's smalls has revealed.

And a similar percentage of people has owned a pair of knickers or underpants for more than 10 years.

The survey showed 5% of the population also admitted wearing their briefs inside out to get an extra day's wear.

Carried out by soap company Surcare its results were studied by Gaynor Lea-Greenwood, a fashion lecturer at Manchester Metropolitan University.

Percentage of population with 10-years-old pants East Anglia 10% East Midlands 10% London 12% North East 7% North West 6% South East 7% South West 9% West Midlands 12.4% Yorkshire and Humberside 9%
    "We clearly have a lot to learn in the pants' department," said Ms Lea-Greenwood, senior lecturer in fashion marketing.

"It appears we have some curious ideas when it comes to cleanliness."

And more than half of the population have 10 to 20 knickers or pants in their underwear drawer.

The survey also revealed sharp regional variations such as 34% of people in the West Midlands spray their undergarments with perfume to make them smell better.

This compares with 17% of people in the South West and 19% of people in the North East.

Story from BBC NEWS:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/2/hi/uk_news/england/4831180.stm

Published: 2006/03/22 15:55:54 GMT

© BBC MMVI
  • Clam
    Clam

One in 10 people wear their underwear for three days in a row, a peep into the nation's smalls has revealed.
    LOL JH. The trick is to turn them inside out when it's halfway through day 2

• New Worldly Translation
    New Worldly Translation

Looks like West Midlanders are a pretty whiffy bunch!

I put a new pair of underpants on every day, only trouble is I can't get my trousers on by the end of the week.

• Mastodon
    Mastodon

Bloody stinky wankers!

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Of course the best solution is......

Don't bother wearing any

• luna2
    luna2

Well now, this is a lovely thread to read as I'm trying to eat lunch at my desk.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Oh for crying out loud! You just throw your pants at the wall when you get out of bed in the morning, if they don't stick you're good for one more day.

Nic'

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

Ohmigod! Where is Slugga? Slugga will tell us the truth. Hahaha!

• neverin
    neverin

I thought everyone knew that knickers are good for four days:

day 1 - right way round
    day 2 - back to front
    day 3 - inside out
    day 4 - inside out and back to front

THEN you throw them up the wall to see if they stick ;0)

• greendawn
    greendawn

"One in 10 people wear their underwear for three days in a row" that's only 10% and it is probably matched in most countries. Nowadays with washing machines everywhere it shouldn't be a problem. If you keep 21 underpants and use one per day you will wash them all only once per three weeks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit