Something I Made For My JW Relatives

by ColdRedRain 5 Replies latest jw friends

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

I will make this short, since you probably won't read anything that's critical of your beliefs longer than 5 minutes.

So here are just the top 10 reasons why I will never attend a Kingdom Hall nor respect the religion.

10 - Witnesses vigorously deny the existence of thousands of gods claimed by other religions, and even deny the blessing of that one god to other religions, but feel outraged when someone denies the existence of theirs.

9: Witnesses slight Hindu beliefs that deify humans, and Greek claims about gods sleeping with women, but you have no problem believing that the Holy Spirit impregnated Mary, who then gave birth to an avatar of god who got killed, came back to life and then ascended into the sky.

8: You are willing to spend your life looking for little loopholes in the scientifically established age of mankind (thousands of years), but you find nothing wrong with believing dates recorded by Bronze Age tribesmen sitting in their tents and guessing that mankind is a few generations old.

7: While modern science, history, geology, biology, and physics have failed to convince you otherwise, some guy claiming to have gotten a feeling of holy spirit and wrote it down in 2 semi-monthly magazines is enough to prove your religion.

6: Witnesses are appauled at the perceived selfishness of people who abort their fetus' because they don't want to raise their children in an inconveinent manner, yet Witnesses see no problem in letting 3 day old infants with no concept of religion die because they won't receive a blood transfusion.

5: JW's think their religion is the closest thing to the Bible even though the bible says it's wrong to make an insular sect of Christianity.

4: JW logic- A question made to a Catholic at the door that's based on information received from a book written by a former Catholic book that questions Catholic headquarters = Critical thinking. Replace the word "Catholic" with "Jehovah's Witness" and you no longer have critical thinking, you have "Apostacy".

3: Witnesses believe that a woman divorcing her wife beating husband without "scriptual basis" and remarrying is sinning, Not a sign of her saving her life and remarrying a more loving man that'll actually treat her nice.

2: Witnesses believe that it's wrong to incorporate"pagan traditions" such as crosses in worship, yet they see nothing wrong in having a wedding in a kingdom hall, complete with a white bridesmaid dress.

1: And the number one reason why I'm not a Witness:, their words, not mine:

*** Watchtower 1983 January 15 p.22 Exposing the Devil's Subtle Designs****

22 This fact cannot be overemphasized: We are in a war with superhuman foes, and we constantly need to be aware of this.

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

What excellent work CRR! What a concise list you have put together and so informative! Are you planning on handing this to your relatives? please let us know the outcome...

• Surreptitious
    Surreptitious

You can add to #9 that certain angels "forsook their proper dwelling place" and came down to get a little human.

And #6 is just too fucking powerful. Amen Bro.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Good list, though to attack the bible is even less likely to be believed by a JW then attacking the WTS.

In line with your list I find it amusing that a JW will mock Egyptians for believing Pharoahs lived for 1000's of years but find it acceptable that only 4000 years ago Noah lived to be 960. And they mock the myths of other religions but say that it is quite normal for

• the sun to stand still
    • for a global flood
    • for angels to get so horny watching us have sex that they came down to earth to join in
    • for Moses to part the sea.
  • gumby
    gumby

Nicely done CRR

Gumby

• unclebruce
    unclebruce
    In line with your list I find it amusing that a JW will mock Egyptians for believing Pharoahs lived for 1000's of years but find it acceptable that only 4000 years ago Noah lived to be 960. And they mock the myths of other religions but say that it is quite normal for
    • the sun to stand still
    • for a global flood
    • for angels to get so horny watching us have sex that they came down to earth to join in
    • for Moses to part the sea.

Yesterday I was cleaning up and a small green book titled Is the Bible really the Word of God ? popped out of nowhere.

Back in the early '70's I placed™ hundreds of these along with the book The Truth that Leads to Everlasting Life.

On page 12 of 'the word book™', the watchtower brain washers say in regard to creation myths other than those passed down by the torah scribes: "Really, comparing the Genesis account with these myths is like comparing a palace with a pigsty. True both structures have walls, but there the similarity ends."

unclebruce who unlike Brooklyn Bible Scholars sees little mind control potential in the history of ancient men.

7.15PM Tuesday Eastern Australia .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit