Leviticus 19:27 - Do Not Shave

by ballistic 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ballistic
    ballistic

How can the society quote the Old Testament for things such as blood and homosexuality but miss out other verses, or even go completely against them? Leviticus 19:27

"You shall not cut the hair on the sides of your heads, neither shall you clip off the edge of your beard."

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass

All my "Rasta" freinds like to quote that Verse...

• damselfly
    damselfly

Things like that always bugged me. They pick and choose what they want to be important.

Where did your big stripey ball go? Got no more bounce?

Dams

• ballistic
    ballistic
    Where did your big stripey ball go? Got no more bounce?

lol - you're the first person to notice. I spent an hour looking for a new avatar, found an animated one I liked but found animated icons don't work on this site, wondered whether to put my real picture up, got fed up in the end and used a plain white square.

I was going to fob anyone off who asked about it by saying it's art but I knew you wouldn't believe me.

• damselfly
    damselfly
    I was going to fob anyone off who asked about it by saying it's art but I knew you wouldn't believe me

Erm......yes "Art." It's so obvious now. I'll spread the word.

Dams

• EAGLE-1
    EAGLE-1

I remember something about fat too.Do j-dubs still eat potato chips? Can they share them? Can they double dip?

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Hang on ballboy,

I can't get your new look up even after refreshing the page umpteen times - I'll log off and come in again .. bearded unc .

Nup you're just a blank now mr ballistic.lol

I've always believed the society's position on facial hair open to ridicule - all bible men, including the hero of the new testament were bearded as was the watchtower hero CT Russell (though not moustached).

In the '70's when moustaches became the rage (aka the walrus season) we young blokes weren't permitted to grow them but older ones could keep there pencil mo's because they'd “always had them”. - weird.

unclebruce

ps: didn't the society produce pics of a clean shaven jesus? (or am I having a crook flashback?)

Bro with a balanced view:

• ballistic
    ballistic

So, what you are saying is there was some new light in the 60's or 70's, probably because they didn't want everyone looking like hippies (which at the time would have been "going beyond the things written") and they subsequently never brought out new, new light when fashions changed again?

However they will quite happily use other scriptures from the old testament, or when refering to the no blood principle will talk about "the weight of biblical evidence", and then quote a list of references mainly from the old testament, and maybe one from the New Testament refering to dodgey Roman gladatorial traditions.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Hey ballistic new light was flashing all over the place in the last daze

"For every scripture there is an equal and oposite scripture." unclebruce 1:3

Jehovah's ancient Witnesses used beard hair for their sharmanistic practices :

“And as for you, O son of man, take for yourself a sharp sword. As a barbers’ razor you will take it for yourself, and you must make it pass along upon your head and upon your beard, and you must take for yourself weighing scales and divide [the hair] in portions. A third you will burn in the very fire in the midst of the city as soon as the days of the siege have come to the full. And you must take another third. You will strike [it] with the sword all around her, and the [last] third you will scatter to the wind, and I shall draw out a sword itself after them.

“And you must take therefrom a few in number and wrap them up in your skirts. And others of them you will take and you must pitch them into the midst of the fire and incinerate them in the fire. Ezekiel 5:1-17

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit