Do some people still think that you're a JW?

by JH 19 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

Do you have the impression that some still think that you're a JW?

Let it be old friends or acquaintances or work collegues or even family, did you take the time to tell them that you're no longer a JW?

I know that my cousins think that I'm still a JW. They don't talk about it, and I don't neither, but we rarely see each other...

• carla
    carla

I just hope nobody thinks I am because I'm married to one!

• xjwms
    xjwms

Good question

I think "some" think I will return.

at this time I have been out to long.

• blondie
    blondie

The JWs that think you aren't if you don't turn in time you aren't a JW, may think I'm not.

I have told as many non-JWs as appropriate that I am not.

I update them when I see them. How's things going? .....Oh, btw, no longer part of that JW stuff.

To some JWs you are one until the WTS decides you aren't by DF'ing you and DA'ing you and announcing that "you are no longer one of Jehovah's Witnesses."

And what has stopped many JWs from shunning people who are active, in good standing JWs?

Blondie

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

Well...I tell everyone I don't go, I don't agree with it, and I am happy.(like to my family yesterday)

So, one by one are getting to know I no longer consider myself a JW.

Brooke

• daystar
    daystar

*shrug*

Don't know, don't care.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I made it a point to inform my family I was no longer involved with the cult. Now I get invited to all the Christmas, New Years, Easter, and Birthday celebrations.

W

• undercover
    undercover

My closest non-JW friends know all about my exit. They have seen my research and I've even loaned them my copy of "CoC".

Acquintances and workmates that I've known for years and years that knew I was a JW may still think that I'm still one officially, but they know from my actions, opinions and language that I must be a serious backslider. More than one workmate has commented on my "lightening up and having fun". One guy said he was glad that I figured out that it was a f'd up religion and got out. I had never said anything to him. He figured it out on his own that I was out.

Non-JW family don't know what to think of me. I'm an enigma to them. My non-JW family are still religious, just not JWs. In some ways they are stuffier than some of my JW family. Even when I was still in, me and my siblings were known as the wild bunch. So now, they're really puzzled.

• gaybeat
    gaybeat

I hope so, I went from nice and sweet, to an evil bitter critic. On purpose of course.

• lola28
    lola28

Only everyone I know.

lola

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit