What was in the unopened package on "Cast Away"?

by John Doe 22 Replies latest jw friends

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

I watched with the film with the director's comments. They don't say specifically. But you can figure it out from just watching the film IMHO.

I recall the woman was a sculptor or had some sort of winged design on her property. You can assume that design was in the box.

It was this design that Hanks uses to design his porta-potty plastic sail. In short, the winged symbol gave him the idea for how to design the sail that got his raft over the waves that were keeping him trapped there on the island.

At least, that's my take on it.

Personally I liked the film and didn't find it boring at all. It was about making hard, hard choices when the choices suck. I would think just about any ex JW could relate to the film.

• Celia
    Celia

I've seen Phenomenon and the Green Mile - liked them too - Don't know anything about The Shawshank Redemption.

• John Doe
    John Doe

Yeah, I admit I'm being overly hard on the movie. Compared to "Attachment of Dental Fixtures with Drywall Screws," it was excellent. Still you have to pick on one every once in a while. :-)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit