GB claims divinity for anointed

by hallelujah 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

hallelujah;

But that is the christian hope!

What's appalling is that they restrict the hope to just a few and say that the vast majority have to make do with spiritual materialism (the "paradise earth"™) and show their loyalty by the annual Rejection Feast (aka "The Memorial"™)

• hallelujah
    hallelujah

Thanks Ozzie

I couldn't agree more. This issue was actually the key to me seeing the lie of the WT theology. From the start I could never accept the 144,000 thing. Whenever I tried to see common ground and say to witnesses that I appreciate the teachings of Jesus, i.e. turn the other cheek, love thy enemy, I was stonewalled by the witnesses insistence on the importance of the 144,000.

Dan

• Star Moore
    Star Moore

Hello gang.. Dan, don't you think that the 'other sheep' would be the gentiles..? As he was talking to the Jews? When do you think a person becomes born-again..Do you think it is synonomis with baptism? It seemed with me it came to me briefly after I had been a believer and baptized for about 6 years as a JW...and then it came strongly for me 6 years ago.. so that's when I started partaking. When it 1st came to me, I simply said, it had to be 'demons'. Because I wasn't an old lady and in the bible for long. So I pushed it in the back of my mind. But I couldn't ignore it 6 years ago.. Do you think the '144,000' (symbolic or not) are only jews or spiritual jews? Then who do you think the great crowd is.. I think it's going to be people from every walk of life and every religion..even atheists..with the good and honest .

What do you think???

• hallelujah
    hallelujah

Hi Starmoore

I think that the idea's taught by the WTBTS lead inevitably to people adopting them. So for instance the WTBTS divides humanity up into classes. There are the 144,000 class, and the other sheep. Then there are demon possessed people. Apostates. and people to witness to. People find for themselves a place within this heirarchy. I want none of it.

I personally think that if you believe in taking the wine and the bread in memory of Jesus then you are perfectly entitled to doing so. And you don't have to worry about it being an exclusionary doctrine.

Do you think the '144,000' (symbolic or not) are only jews or spiritual jews? ; Then who do you think the great crowd is.. I think it's going to be ;people from every walk of life and every religion..even atheists..with the good and honest .

I actually believe that Revelation (as with the rest of the bible) cannot be trusted as a document, since no original document survives - in legal terms it is hearsay. I don't put any faith in it.

I listen to the words ascribed to Jesus but I recognise that they have been adulterated. I believe that Jesus teachings, - turn the other cheek, love thy enemy, are worthy of following because they live and breathe life. I am awed by them even right now as I think about it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit