Undeserved kindness versus Grace - does it matter?

by misspeaches 23 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

Could it be described as analogous to the difference between "priceless" and "you'll never be able to afford this, scumbag"?

• JH
    JH

Also undeserved means that we don't deserve it........while grace means that its a gift.

But I deserve it because i'm a good rat

• DocBob
    DocBob
    Actually, O21 had a good point which I had never considered. Even when I was a JW. The expression "undeserved kindness" has not weaved its way into WT patois, like for instance, "system of things" or "memorial emblems" or "FDS" etc.

I think the use of the expression "undeserved kindness" or lack of it may be a regional thing. I'm in the northeast U.S. and during my years as a JW (1973-96) we used the term a fair bit. Of course it could be just that us really SPIRITUAL people used it. ;-)

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

Thanks so much guys for all your responses. And for the literary compliment Steve!

It just helps me get so much more perspective on the issue. Additionally I hope to form a response to a JW about this in a way that is logical and makes sense to them. All of your input if very valuable!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit