Rutherford was a drunk and an adulterer?

by Surreptitious 20 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Surreptitious
    Surreptitious

I've heard this mentioned here and there. Can it be proven?

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

JFR died more than 60 years ago, so the DNA evidence is a bit degraded. CSI won't be able to help much.

However, there is plenty of circumstantial evidence. Rutherford was married and had a son Malcolm, yet wifey and the boy did not share the palacial Beth Sarim with good ol' dad: Bonnie Boyd did, and before she died she said that JFR was a husband to her in every way. I wonder what she meant? Nudge, nudge, wink, wink!

As for his alcoholism, that was one of the points of contention brought up by the Watchtower attorney named Olin Moyle. The documentation survives to this day; you can read it and draw your own conclusions.

JFR was greatly beloved by all his fellow workers. That is why when he died in 1942, three of them attended his funeral. Among that vast crowd of three you would not have found his widow or his son.

Yes, that's right, he's in heaven right now at Jehovah's right hand, helping direct the actions of the faithful and discreet slave today, just like his predecessor, CTR. Yep. THAT's why all the world looks to the WTB&TS as a paragon of righteousness. They do, don't they?

• Surreptitious
    Surreptitious

That's interesting, thanks. I'd never heard about Bonnie Boyd before. Or about only three people attending Rutherford's funeral. Where can I read more about both?

• Surreptitious
    Surreptitious

Actually nevermind, I'm reading Farkel's thread right now! lol

• Phil
    Phil

I wish that these derogatory remarks did not appear on this web without a hyperlink that would say where the information originated, if authentic. If not, do not let it appear. This is not the place for dreams and nightmares.

• moggy lover
    moggy lover

Try going into the "Best of" section of JWD Forum by Lady Lee.

The very first post is dedicated to information about "Judge" Rutherford. Packed with information that is pure dynamite!!

Cheers

• VM44
    VM44

It is a fact that Rutherford and his wife Mary did not live together from about 1919 to his death in 1942.

It is a fact that when Rutherford resided at Beth Sarim, that neither his wife or son lived there with him.

It is a fact that his wife, Mary Rutherford, lived in Monrovia (Los Angeles) area, and was listed as Head of Household for her residence in the 1930 census.

How is it that when Rutherford came to California, he did not reside where his wife did, but rather, lived apart from her at Beth Sarim?

--VM44

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde
    JFR was greatly beloved by all his fellow workers. That is why when he died in 1942, three of them attended his funeral. Among that vast crowd of three you would not have found his widow or his son.

I'm not convinced that only three people attended his funeral. Ray Franz wrote in C of C, page 99, that three men, Nathan Knorr, Fred Franz, and Hayden Covington were called to his bedside on December 24, 1941, where he gave them final instructions. Fred believed this was in fulfillment of Bible prophecy prefigured by Elijah passing his "prophetic mantle" over to Elisha. This was referred to in the book "Let Your Name Be Sanctified," published in 1961, pp. 335-337. Rutherford actually died about two weeks later on January 8, 1942. I think it likely there were more than three at his funeral.

Bonnie

• greendawn
    greendawn

It is a well known fact that Rutherford was a heavy drinker and a very aggresive character, many ppl that knew him have stated as much so that particular flaw in his character can't be doubted.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

If you go through thr Rutherford threads in the Best of section of the board you may find a lot of info about Rutherford.

As for the funeral: The book The Four Presidents of the Watch Tower Society states:

According to A. H. Macmillan, only four people attended Rutherford's burial in Rossville, New York, not one a member of his immediate family. Also notable by their absece were Fred Franz and Nathan Knorr. (p. 33)

The note for this info states:

This information came from A. H. Macmillan, in a conversation with the author's father, shortly after Rutherford's death. He was very disappointment in Knorr and Franz for not being present. (Note 49)

After Rutherford's death there were also many hearings regarding Rutherford's desire to be buried at Beth Sarim. The book Apocalyse Delayed by Penton states:

The records of the attempt to have buried at Beth Sarim shoed that neither high Watch Tower officials nor even his widow or son, Malcolm, seemed greatly concerned about his last resting place, for they were notable at public hearings on the matter by their absence. (p. 75)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit