Happy

by KW13 5 Replies latest jw friends

• KW13
    KW13

I've made some progress with speaking to mum and stepdad regarding the JW Org. I think i'm making good progress because yesterday i sat down and said to mum something along the lines of...

"Listen, i understand if you don't want to look at what i present to you regarding your faith, but you must wonder why i no longer go to the Kingdom Hall even though i had a lot of goals as a Witness and things were working out for me, i was an unbaptized publisher, i had given talks from the platform and someday i wanted to be an elder. Why do you think now i go to church?. Mum all i want to do is show you what wall i hit that honestly made me consider my position and change faith. If you presented me with conclusive evidence regarding my beliefs i would have no choice but to change my beliefs and go seek the truth once more wherever it is".

I then went on to credit how the JW's did help us as a family and were genuine in their efforts and i honestly meant it but i also explained how i felt she needed to see what i wanted to show her to clear my conscience and my responsibility of helping her. The same as she feels she wants to help me.

Also described how i was grateful for the opportunities i had because of the Witnesses and how my Bible knowledge is down to them.

For the first time i didn't just sit down to throw facts at her and made more progress than ever. She has agreed to sit down and look at what i present to her without arguing or me shouting either. We will not argue but rather discuss!

I owe you guys here a lot for helping me to get to this point, whether by seeing how others go through what i go through or by other peoples successes.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Kw13 , That is wonderful to hear . Just being able to sit down and have a true discussion is a major break through . By what you have said it sounds like you have a good handle on things , I wish you continued success !

• luna2
    luna2

That's excellent! I sure hope you can keep the discussion going.

• KW13
    KW13

Thanks guys.

I just know how much better i felt once i was completely free and knew it was a lie. Better than i did when i thought it was the truth, i felt i had achieved something personally and later on with Church i felt much closer and somehow like God was more honest there and with less complications.

• Hawkeye
    Hawkeye

Good for you!

It really is a HUGE relief when you find out JW's do not have the truth. What is also wonderful is the way you can sit down with your mom and discuss versus argue. Religion can be a very touchy subject with many. So many have forgotten REAL christianity. It isn't about argueing over who is right, it is about showing Christ-like love!

You have a lot of patience, keep it up and may God bless you!

Hawkeye

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Nice one!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit