V for Vendetta: Look for Plenty of WT Correlation

by Severus 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• luna2
    luna2

I thought it was very good too. I can see the JW parallels and also to how governments operate to stay in power. Don't want to say too much and spoil it, though.

Lots of food for thought on censorship, fear of speaking out, and fear of swift reprisals with no due process.

• cyd0099
    cyd0099

It was amazing. Just came home from seeing it. I'm going to dig out my back issues tomorrow for a comparison.

• inbyathread
    inbyathread
    Lots of food for thought on censorship, fear of speaking out, and fear of swift reprisals with no due process.

Very good. Instead of the publishers being terrified of the Watchtower, the Watchtower should be terrified of the publishers.

Watchout Ted.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

This was a great movie. I didn't draw any paralels with the Society because to me they were pretty clearly aligned with the gov't issues of the day. Gov'ts control their people using methods of fear (yes just like the Society) It was the govt saying that V was a terrorist - not the people. This was to instill fear of terror in the people. It was govt controlling the media - telling the media to make people remember they needed their government and they did this how? By instilling fear of the avian flu in the masses. By showing clips of viruses killing people outside their zones. Instilling fear in the masses by allusion of some harm that will come to them if they don't comply with their government. The corruption in the govt by the rich and powerful corporations sounds familiar. The elimination of all things different like religion and homosexuality. The removal of historical information ( 9,500 pieces removed from one library already because they are now deemed security risks) leads to ignorance of a past that may have a bearing on the future. Knowledge is power.

All in all it was a pretty clear message. The government is the people and ithe people will have their voice. The beauty of movies is that they let us all see what we will and come out with our own conclusions. sammieswife.

• truth_about_the_truth
    truth_about_the_truth

I saw the movie last night. Fantastic flick! It is extremely relevant to today's political climate in the US in a metaphorical sense. Actually the correlation is with society as a whole and not merely the WT subculture. Step back and look at the bigger picture. You only have to look around and pay a little attention to see where western society is headed very soon. The movie really hits home, maybe even a bit too close.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit