Son of a dub.

by seahart 11 Replies latest jw friends

• seahart
    seahart

Hello, new guy here. I am really not sure what to write. I signed up a week ago or so, but havn't had the nerve to post. Why tonight? I don't know. A little background. Born into the program but didn't stay long. We(siblings) were fortunate that we had two caring, self thinking parents that left the system. I was about 13. I never was too involed in things or remember a lot,but I know it affected how I have lived my life and who I am. Thanks to all for sharing your thoughts and feelings. I look forward to adding mine.(If I get the nerve)

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

Welcome seahart...don't be shy, no one else is!!! LOL!

Swalker

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Hi Seahart -

It's kind of shocking, isn't it? Those dub thoughts sink down so deep. Your post is disturbing to me. You've been out since 13. I imagine you were allowed to have a reasonably normal teenage life. 20+ years later, somethings are still unsettled (??). Am I reading you right?

It saddens me because although I've been 'out' for 13+ years, I was still a quasi-believer. Just learned the truth about 'the truth' Oct/Nov 04. I think my chances of 'normal' are pretty slim.

*sigh*

But, hey!! Nice to have you along. This is really a nice board. Tons of information to be shared.

I look forward to knowing more about you.

Welcome!!

-Aude.

• collegegirl21
    collegegirl21

Welcome to the board! :)

• Legolas
    Legolas

Welcome to the board!

• greendawn
    greendawn

Welcome to the forum seahart, it will be nice to hear from you about your old experiences with the dubs, most people here will be able to readily identify with the way you feel.

• Hawkeye
    Hawkeye

Welcome to the board! don't be shy, your among friends!

Hawkeye

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

WELCOME SEAHART !!!! Don't worry we won't bite Tell us more about yourself when you are ready .

• Balsam
    Balsam

Welcome Seahart,

Don't be frightened of us we are harmless, and your fortunate to not have any family these days in it.

Balsam

• ferret
    ferret

Welcome seahart

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit