Ditched Bookstudy

by XBEHERE 18 Replies latest jw friends

• bebu
    bebu

Have you been thru the Daniel book before, maybe several times?

I hope you can get her to agree that since you've both been-there-done-that and can't fabricate any feelings of joy (as required) over this, you might ditch it next week... and the next...

bebu

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

I thought I would make you vomit that drink out with some of the crap we are studying at the moment

Didn't make me vomit one bit.

Made me scroll to the next post real fast, though.

-Aude.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere
    I hope you can get her to agree that since you've both been-there-done-that and can't fabricate any feelings of joy (as required) over this, you might ditch it next week... and the next...

This comment reminded me of my old roommate. VERY faithful sister. She was in her late 30's / early 40's at the time and desperately wanted to be married - but only 'in the lord' (or to a nearly active 'brother').

Third time thru the Family book, she just couldn't do it. She told her PO dad that she would sit this one out and return to the book study when they were done. She felt just a little guilt but - man!! - it was just torture for her. I was impressed that she stayed away.

-Aude.

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

Stilla thanks for that.......dont worry I will resume the vomit consuption next week. Tonight though I am enjoying being normal. Too bad CSI wasnt even on this week, its ok though I still enjoyed the night off.

• TheListener
    TheListener

Sounds great man.

Good luck on future hookey.

• greendawn
    greendawn

You can stay at home and use that time to study something truly useful rather their theology which as time has proven has no lasting value. Who cares today about Russell's and Rutherford's theology? And soon it will be the same with Franz's books, none of these had any proper training in religion and it shows in their worthless writings and beliefs.

• Legolas
    Legolas

I remember in the begining when we started staying home...It was like a weight was lifted off our shoulders...It felt so good!

• snarf
    snarf

Congratulations on your first step towards your new life. Hopefully you can now have more support from your wife, maybe use the ditch sessions to start asking her questions on some of her beliefs and issues she is having trouble with.

• Balsam
    Balsam

Lordy,

They were studying that darn book when I left in 2001, and here they are back in it again. My favorite thing was I feel sick I'm not going to the meeting tonight. I did that a lot the last year I went. Do you think my then rabid husband would stay home, not a chance. He would round up our poor kids and drag them off to the meeting. I know the hated it entirely. Only reward they would get sometimes is ice cream at the dairy queen once in a while. Mean while I would be home watching TV sipping my peach snapps.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit