"I have to go" vs. "I want to go"

by TheListener 14 Replies latest jw friends

• outnfree
    outnfree

Hey, Jourles,

Are you making an effort to invite her along to meet, or, as her "head" to require her to entertain, some of your worldly friends? The more contact she has with the outside, the easier it will be for her to join you on "the Far Side", imnsho.

out

• Jourles
    Jourles

I don't force her to do anything. She does come occasionally to my volleyball games and tournaments. There she gets to chat with the people I typically hang out with. The problem is, it's not her crowd. She isn't particularly fond of hanging out with my buddies afterwards -- and it's a mix of men and women. She is still too concerned with her jw image and not mixing in company with, well, you know.

• outnfree
    outnfree
    She is still too concerned with her jw image and not mixing in company with, well, you know

with demon-possessed bird food? or just those foul-mouthed, beer-drinking worldlies? Oh, same thing.

Ah, well, if you do come upon some sweet, conservative co-workers who stand half a chance of meeting your wife's standards, invite them home and tell her it's good for business.

When are you next down around my way?

out

• Jourles
    Jourles

I really don't have any co-workers(that work with me during the day) anymore. I get the building all to myself.

Not sure when the next time I will be down that way. I'll be sure to give you a jingle though when I am.

• outnfree
    outnfree
    I really don't have any co-workers(that work with me during the day) anymore. I get the building all to myself.

Chased 'em away, did ya?

I'll look forward to your call.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit