How do you reply to...

by shunnedone 9 Replies latest jw friends

• shunnedone
    shunnedone

Well I've tried again to enlighten my mom about the WTS. When I told her I thought she was being brainwashed she replied, "If that is the case, then I want my brain as clean as it can be."

WTF!!!!! How does one reply to such non-sense?

• daystar
    daystar

I probably would have stared slack-jawed at anyone who responded that way, though in a case like that I really shouldn't be surprised.

I don't know. It's frustrating to be certain. My JW mom sometimes says things just as nonsensical related to the religion. It's all I can do to keep from sputtering back.

You find out how best to respond, you let us know, k?

• collegegirl21
    collegegirl21

To be honest, I think I would've laughed. I have never heard of someone responding like that before, its very creative. Maybe you can ask her why she feels the way she feels? I don't know and maybe that will lead to a discussion.

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

Actually, that is the WT directed response to that kind of comment. It's been made from the platform at kingdumb halls and assemblies for years that "We want our brains clean so we are brainwashed" if you don't believe me, check out some of the quotes here: http://www.reexamine.org/quotes/cult.htm

In the magazines themselves they admit to brainwashing.

Kwin

• greendawn
    greendawn

Their brains get washed with unclean ideas so they end up being more polluted afterwards, the WTS is full of dogmas that change over time and what is truth today tomorrow becomes a lie. In fact the FDS has set up a clever web of deceit to catch the naive and the ignorant.

• shunnedone
    shunnedone

Nice link kwin, thanks.

It is amazing that they actually know they are being brainwashed and are willing to admit it. I get so frustrated and cannot seem to move forward. I would like to put this all behind me but as long as she is alive (she's 74) I think there may still be hope.

• Buster
    Buster

I think my first reaction would be: "And what would you think if you met someone in the field service that said something so silly to you?"

(Of course I know this would have no effect)

I remember one CA, a speaker held up a book and said something to the effect, 'if the society sad this blue book was grren, then I'ld believe it was green.'

That statement is why I believe that nothing you could say could ahve an effect.

• gspradling
    gspradling

I think I would tell her to run it through the rinse cycle again because it appears to be gunked up with soap.

• whyizit
    whyizit

Funny, a Mormon and Moonie just said the same thing. Must be reading the same literature!

• lilybird
    lilybird

I guess that means just one more silly Witless saying to add to endless list

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit