Anyone here from Pa.?

by claudia 34 Replies latest jw experiences

• siegswife
    siegswife

When I was a witness I didn't live here, I lived in Pottstown and attended the Pottstown West congregation.

• thinkers wife
    thinkers wife

Claudia,
    Sorry it took so long for me to respond.
    I love VA. And yes, I think the winters are a little milder. Check out VA. We live in the Shenandoah Valley. Nothing better. Actually, Winchester, VA. I consider it has the best of both worlds to offer. The small town atmosphere with some big town culture!!
    Shorty,
    I wonder if we know each other. As I said, raised in Middletown, actually born in Hershey.
    SiegsWife,
    I knew someone whoes witness child was molested in your area. She took a stand and I think was put out. Her name is Debbie. I wonder if you know her.
    Small world, everyone!
    TW

• siegswife
    siegswife

Thinkerswife, Sorry, I don't recall anything like that happening. I've been out for about 16 years now, so it probably happened after I left. Where in VA are you? I was just in Winchester for the Appleblossom festival a few months ago. I love VA.

• claudia
    claudia

Thinkers, Winchester sure sounds lovely. Ill check it out online.

Siegs, I kind of like catty. The schools are very safe. Although i would love to live on the west end of allentown one day.

• Teirce
    Teirce

siegswife, did you know emily rafalski? I knew a few people from reading/pottstown.

thinkers wife, do you know matt knap?

• thinkers wife
    thinkers wife

Seigswife,
    Darn, I live in Winchester!!!! Wish I had known you were here for Apple Blossom, we could have met. If you are ever coming here again for any reason, let me know, we'll make arrangements to meet!! Hope you had a great time, it is a cool celebration.
    Claudia,
    If you want to check it out personally, I would love to meet you!!!!
    Teirce,
    The name sounds vaguely familiar, but I don't think so.
    To all, my email is always open, so anyone wanting to come to Winchester, just email away, you always have friends here!!
    TW

• thinkers wife
    thinkers wife

Teirce,
    My parents used go to Swatara congregation. They moved to Edgemont, and just built a new KH in the spring. Wonder if you know each other?
    TW

• Teirce
    Teirce

thinkers wife,

Not ringing a bell right away.. How long ago were your parents in Swatara? I was there from about Jan 98 to May 99. My best friend was from Edgemont, then he later moved to Palmyra.

Apple Blossom fest is very nice, but, the old inlaws might still go there, hehe....

• siegswife
    siegswife

Teirce...I think I do! She was just a child when I knew her, if she's who I'm thinking of. Her parents are tall. Her mom has/had brown hair...I can't think of their names though. He was a ministerial servant back then. I never really associated too much with them, but they seemed very nice.

Thinkerswife...I saw after I posted that you said Winchester. That's such a nice town. Too bad it rained some on Saturday during the parade. My daughter and I had a dry seat though in the back of a friends Ryder truck. lol We'll probably be going again next year. I'll let you know, barring any unforeseen circumstances.

Claudia...I like Cattie too. I live in the South Mountain area...actually South Mountain is right behind me. Emmaus is right down the street.

• thinkers wife
    thinkers wife

Teirce,
    My parents were there for about eight years I think. But they were in Edgemont during the years you mentioned. Still there in the new KH.
    Seigswife,
    It almost always rains on AB, but I am glad you enjoyed it anyway.
    Either or both of you may email me I have an open box.
    Teirce, I don't have a problem using names privately.
    TW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit