Farkel Hits the Bread Line

by Farkel 28 Replies latest jw friends

• JUSTAMOM
    JUSTAMOM

Hello Farkel

I thouroughly enjoyed your post. It was very inspiring. Yes, we never gave credit to some that truly do have a giving spirit.
    Jesus never gave the third degree and asked how many years of faithful service to God they gave before he feed or healed them.

Thank you. We had the privilege last thanksgiving to help out in serving dinner to the hungry. What a HUGE community effort. There were truly giving people there. We EVEN fed a JW couple. Go figure!

Glad to be here to asist you in any way we can personally also.

Love to you
    JUST A MOM (Kim)

• patio34
    patio34

Hi Farkel,

Thanks for sharing that. It really helps when I know what others are going thru.

I have a situation in my family with daughter, illness, drugs, & grandkids. Sometimes I feel like the only one.

So, your post lifted my spirits a bit to see that I'm not the only one struggling.

Thanks! And I hope your paycheck comes through this week! Keep us posted, ok?

Pat

• waiting
    waiting

Hey Farkel,

Sorry to hear about your monetary problems - but your gift of seeing things is fabulous. God, I hate waiting for those checks. Anybody without a *regular* job goes through that sooner or later.

I remember living on tuna casserole, and oatmeal for days on end. Amazingly, I still like oatmeal.

Take care - and I think AGuest means well........

waiting

ps - Your insight to another organization from the *other side of the table* was wonderful. Makes us see the contributors as people, just on the other side of the table.

• LDH
    LDH

Farkel,

Thank you for sharing your story.

About two weeks or so, my daughter, two of her friends and I found ourselves in downtown Fresno. Since there's a lot of Social Service agencies down there, there's many in need.

Anyhow we went in our favorite little Chinese food place and as we're sitting outside enjoying the food, a rather large man comes up to me and asks, "Would you like some free food?" Ha ha, I must've looked real poor. Can't wear my wedding rings cus my fingers are too swollen. So just a frazzled pregnant woman surrounded by kids.

I actually laughed out loud, and smiled. The man gave me a flier and told me his church gives away free food every Saturday or something, and all I had to do was show up! Not even show ID!

Well, my greedy side WAS tempted to go get some free food, LOL, but I was just so impressed that there were people spending their day looking for those in need.

Jesus fed the crowds, even when he knew they weren't interested in his message! JWs have a lot to learn.

I hope your situation turns. If you're anywhere in CA, email me I may be able to help.

Lisa

• Farkel
    Farkel

: But, my dear one... "man does not live by bread alone."

You're right, Shelby. Just ask the Donner Party.

Farkel

"When in doubt, duck!"

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

I'm big not on charity or altruism. My earning a living takes a lot out of me, physically and mentally.

However, I'm glad that charity does exist. And, BTW, in my opinion, it has nothing to do with Christianity. People are that way in spite of their so-called 'religious' inclination.

• AGuest
    AGuest

Geez, D., when you hold a grudge, you hold a grudge. What did I do to deserve THAT?

My peace... and desire to help... remains.

Shelby

• crossroads
    crossroads

AGUEST
    "man does not live by bread alone."
    It seems to me if you don't have bread alone,
    you won't be around long enough to consider
    the other part.......YOU KNOW----JUSTATHOUGHT

• AGuest
    AGuest

My point, dear Crossroads... and may you have peace... was that Farkel received some bread. Wonderful! I, however, just wanted to add a little meat, milk, cheese, toilet tissue, soap and whatever ELSE he may 'need'... to that bread. If he will permit me.

For the LIFE of me I can't figure out why in the world WANTING to help someone out is subject to such scrutinty...

My peace remains, and I am,

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

SJ

• Englishman
    Englishman

Damnation, Farkel!

If you give me your phone no I'll willingly pour some of me best Beef and Stilton soup down the line for you.

Doesn't work too well on mobile phones though....

British bear hugs,

Englishman.

..... fanaticism masquerading beneath a cloak of reasoned logic.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit