Bible Bashing

by PoppyR 5 Replies latest jw friends

• PoppyR
    PoppyR

Owwwwww. I think I have had a sign from heaven! I am decorating my lounge and decided to move the small supply of WT books up to the loft, as lots of them belong to my ex and he might want them. So I boxed them up and decided lazily not to go and get the ladders but to stand on a chair (oh yes one with wheels!!!) and push open the loft hatch and throw them up. sort of therapy.

As I was balancing with this heavy box above my head, I could see the 'all scripture is inspired' book sliding and couldn't do a thing about it as it slid off the top, dropped 6 feet and cracked me on the side of the face.

So when I got the box safely up there, I got down, grabbed that damn book and threw it as hard as I could through the loft entrance and satisfyingly heard it thwack against the opposite wall!!

On the positive side, how nice is it to not have a single WTBT$ Book in my lounge!!!

Poppy

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

LMAO!

I see the hand of Jehovah in this... throwing up yer spiritual food like that and now you've got an attic full of demons

• Dr Jekyll
    Dr Jekyll

Sounds like something from the Omen.

Incidentally I have a very nice scar / dent in my forehead caused by the corner of a flying reasoning from the scriptures book that was chucked at me.

• BlessedStar
    BlessedStar

Watch tower books then were not inspired by the bible.

Blessed star

• Legolas
    Legolas
    So when I got the box safely up there, I got down, grabbed that damn book and threw it as hard as I could through the loft entrance and satisfyingly heard it thwack against the opposite wall!!

LMAO....I would have burned the damn thing!

• daystar
    daystar

Heh, my parents gave my son the good ole "My Book of Bible Stories", which still sits on his bookshelf along with "Where the Wild Things Are". I keep thinking I should sneak it out of there. I know I should...

I still keep a copy of the NWT on my bookshelf for reference. It sits alongside the likes of Nietzsche's "Beyond Good and Evil", The Book of Mormon, Dion Fortune's "Mystical Qabalah", Crowley's "777", Duncan's Ritual, and C.G. Jung's "Man and His Symbols".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit