I spoke a bit about this on another thread but think I might get some info from the computer geeks here
I use a 40 GB drive as my main drive and I have a 60 GB hard drive installed on my computer.
The 60 GB has always been used for storage only. It was partitioned into several drives. Somehow in my recent computer crash the 60 GB drive lost the partitions and all the data on it.
Anyone know how to get the data back.
A little about my computer know-how so you will have a better idea of what I can do if I had the instructions
- I built this computer myself
- installed a new motherboard,
- AMD Duron processor,
- video (Radeon 7500),
- 2 hard drives and 2 CD drives (1 Plextor R/RW) and one regular)
- I know how to:
- format the drives
- install programs usually using "Custom" install to get just what I want and omit the stuff I never use.
- I also know how to get into the BIOS and change some settings
- I have several peripherals not yet installed (still working on installing things after the format)
I have WinXP Pro installed (new to me this morning so I'm still finding my way around it) and just discovered that the old Win98 is still on and that I can boot on either one (I have read about dual OSs but sure was surprised when I did it by accident)
So if you have any ideas how I can recover the data I sure would appreciate it.