DARKEST HEARTS (My idea for the new Bond score)

by Terry 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Terry
  • SWALKER
    SWALKER

Oh no, does this mean I have to come up with new lyrics????

Swalker

• inbyathread
    inbyathread

Very nice. I can just imagine the s ilhouettes of naked women cartwheeling across my TV screen.

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

I was thinking more of Pierce Brosnan...

Swalker

• Terry
    Terry

Cartwheeling nude women.......not a bad thought for the afternoon.

Thanks!

T.

• peggy
    peggy

Daniel Craig filled my thoughts this afternoon! New music for the new 007!

• Terry
    Terry

If only they would get back to the serious tone of From Russia with Love!

And..

They need to ask John Barry back to do the score instead of David Arnold.

Just my two cents.

T.

• Quentin
    Quentin
    They need to ask John Barry back to do the score instead of David Arnold.

David who? Doesn't count for much but I've never heard of him...

• Terry
    Terry

David Arnold is a young man who is actually friends with John Barry (the dean of James Bond composers) who began scoring Bond films with Tomorrow Never Dies and has been the resident composer since that time.

Arnold brought together many young groups for a tip of the hat to Bond music in his highly successful album compilation appropriately titled: SHAKEN, NOT STIRRED.

Arnold has a lyrical quality to his music and unabashedly filches snippets of Barry for his own use (with Barry's approval). What else does Arnold do that has endeared him to the producers of the Bond series? He has added techno rhythmic underpinning to everything which convinces those self-same producers that they have brought James Bond into modern times as a result!

It doesn't work for me.

The finest thing Arnold has done (in my opinion) was to write a Bond song (relegated to the last track of the album) called SURRENDER which has a dynamite performance using wonderful Barryesque horns and sassy vocals by K.D.Lang.

Nobody does it better than John Barry himself.

Why doesn't Barry continue to score these films?

The producers won't let him write the song (from which he extracts score elements and unifies his entire underscore).

This insults his sense of musical integrity and he won't budge.

Sigh.

T.

• Quentin
    Quentin

Thanks for the info...I stopped paying attention to the Bond movies along about Roger Moore...thus the query...Connery and Barry rule...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit