how long did you hang on to the language?

by carla 18 Replies latest jw friends

• daystar
    daystar

EAGLE-1

You weren't raised a JW, were you?

• jambon1
    jambon1

Before the time of the end I had became inactive using the spiritual language. I suppose the friends felt that I needed some encouragement to speak the healthful words again but I had waged war on the pure language of truth, polished my (un)spiritual armour so to speak. So as we can clearly see, from what is written here for our benefit, I dont use it anymore.

Jehovahs blessings to you all.

• SickofLies
    SickofLies

The one phrase I still use which drives me crazy is I still refer to the religion as 'the truth' when I know its anything but. Its the one single best peice of brainwashing the GB puts into peoples heads.

• Ellie
    Ellie

"The truth" is also the most arrogant phrase I can think of, how do you think they would react if catholics went around calling themselves "The truth".

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

What annoys me is the labels that are attached to certain things and people, most of them are borne out of the societies culture which breeds eliteism and arrogance.

Hes not 'got the right heart condition' (which translated means 'he doesnt think like we do')

Shes 'turned apostate' you know...(like its some kind of metamorphosis!)

You dont understand because you are not 'in the truth'... (you can speak the truth, you can act truthfully but you cant be in the truth and this comment is a nonsense)

The above is a brief example of the psychobabble that the society uses to breed an environment of social pressure and identity, I am well rid of it and cant stand it when I hear it....it makes my blood boil!

The fact that I recognise it however is a bonus and is healthy as I stay clear of any cultish behaviours and groups.

DB74

• Brigid
    Brigid

Yes, I relate. They have been hardwired into my subconscious almost from birth, so I suppose it's normal. When I hear "the truth", service, watchtower (those of you who perform esoteric ritual, probably know what I'm talking about...."the guardians of the Watchtowers of the....) no matter in what context, I have a flash of the Jehovah's Witnesses. Aaarrghhh!

Oh well....it all happened for a reason, I suppose.

~Brigid

• Scully
    Scully

I don't use it in every day speaking anymore. I find that I will slip into it though if I'm talking to a JW relative. I'll also use it here on JWD, but I try to use the ™ whenever I use a "buzz word" - it reminds me that this is "jargon" and not how normal people speak.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I wonder if this is why my boss looked at me like I was crazy when I said the news that we were receiving a new email server was "happifying".

W

• daystar
    daystar

Daystar projected

Once you're in a religion as deeply as someone like me was

WTF!? I must be sleepy today.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit