inactive J.W. and elders

by Chico86 4 Replies latest social humour

• Chico86
    Chico86

Hey all of you.

I am an inactive J.W., well i dont consider myself to be a J.W. But I haven't gone preaching or meetings like in 8 months. I moved away to college and had my publisher card sent last week to a local congregation which I've only attended twice. However i dont plan on going back or becoming active, will they still accept my publisher card and announce me as a new brother even if i'm never their or will they return my publisher card back to my old congregation?

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

It is very unlikely they will announce you as a new person in the hall. And no, they will keep your cards in your new congregation and try to get you to the meetings depending on how faithful they are in their assignments.
    Oh, and welcome to JWD!

• Chico86
    Chico86

the reason im asking is that I'm doing my family a favor by having my publisher card sent to this new congregation. You see my dad's an elder and he was about to lose his privileges due to me being inactive, but now that i am no longer part of their congregation whatever I do for now on will not affect my family or their congregation. I just better not be getting calls from the elders asking me why I haven't attended the new congreagtion. Oh, well it feels good being part of a congregation in which you know no one and never attend, that way it's harder to get d.f.'d since no one knows you.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

someone posted on here the idea to have your pub card sent to a foriegn language congo and then you will essentially be lost in the shuffle.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Well, I think your chances of getting by with minimum interference from the local elders are pretty good. By your nick name I gather your'e going to Chico State possibly? That's a big university - you should be able to get lost in shuffle....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit