A Question of Perspective...

by zeroday 11 Replies latest jw friends

• zeroday
    zeroday

Our universe contains over 100 Billion Galaxies. Each of these Galaxies contain over a Billion stars. Our own Galaxy contains over a Billion stars. Having said that, step back and look at the over all picture. A sovereign God is challanged. His sovereignity is in question. Here today it must be answered. God himself came to earth to settle this question once and for all time.

What's wrong with this question. Are we the center of the universe? Does the fate of the universe rest with us (planet Earth). We are but a grain of sand on the beach of the universe. The beach of the universe.....

• theinfamousone
    theinfamousone

ok, and ur point is???

the infamous one

• zeroday
    zeroday

We are irrelevant...

• theinfamousone
    theinfamousone

maybe to your "god"...but to those i touch, those i talk to, and of course to those i love... i am one of the most relevant things there is... and of course, to myself, i am not irrelevant to myself...

the infamous one

• zeroday
    zeroday

Didn't say you were. In the whole scheme of things we are irrelevant as concerns a so called god. "The God of the Universe has determined that this planet is the focile point in the universe. All else rests on the outcome here.

• theinfamousone
    theinfamousone

the funny thing is, god never says that we are the focal point of anything... for all we know we were a test run that went horribly wrong and he has now turned his attention to some other planet far far away!!! we are not irrelevant, just not important to god. that is, if he even exists...

the infamous one

• Sad emo
    Sad emo
    In the whole scheme of things we are irrelevant as concerns a so called god. "The God of the Universe has determined that this planet is the focile point in the universe. All else rests on the outcome here.
    the funny thing is, god never says that we are the focal point of anything

the infamous one kinda beat me to it although with a slightly differing explanation to my own - who says we're the focal point? Could God not be a saviour to other beings on other planets too? And if He exists, and He wants to be a saviour to however many different beings, I'd say that means those beings are important to Him - why would He take any interest at all in someone He couldn't give a toss about? When a being (from any planet!) considers how small and insignificant they are in this huge creation, the concept that there is a God who does take an interest in them is awesome. I think that's what the psalmist who wrote this was getting at: "When I consider your heavens, the works of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place, what are mere mortals that you are mindful of them, human beings** that you care for them?" (Psalm 8:3-4, TNIV) (** the guy was writing from a human perspective - replace with any other being as required!)

• greendawn
    greendawn

The earth is indeed a like a speck of dust in the immensity of the universe, and as for God's sovereignty it has already been settled in the sense that humans can't live well without accepting Divine rule in their lives. That much has been proven long ago and it's now a case of putting an end to the God alienated powers.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    humans can't live well without accepting Divine rule in their lives. That much has been proven long ago

Greendawn, do you honestly, truly believe that?

• greendawn
    greendawn

Nicolaou yes indeed I believe that there is more to human life than the material body and its chemical reactions (metabolism)and in accordance with the Gospel and general Biblical picture "man can not live with bread and water alone" because there is also the spiritual part of human existence.

Now if ALL humans obeyed the gospel, including those in positions of power, and not just some then the world would have been a much nicer place to live in.

Basically the gospel wants to subordinate the chaotic forces of the instincts to the spirit to make for a more enlightened and humane character something that Plato also agrees with. But without God that can not be done.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit