The WTS crumbles.... what happens afterward?

by Nosferatu 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

So picture this.... The WTS gets sued into oblivion. Many successfully sued because of child abuse, blood transfusion, and workers comp issues. The WTS is no more.

Hence, there are no more new publications

Now, what do you think will happen to the rank & file JWs? (Remember, Kingdom Halls are NOT owned by the WTS.)

• juni
    juni

Most would not know what to do because their lives have been controlled completely.

Juni

• Mastodon
    Mastodon

Most will join the moonies or the mormons. Some will puff marihuana for the first time and open their eyes to life. Some will kill themselves.

• luna2
    luna2

All the exJWs will have a big party to celebrate.

• Mary
    Mary

You would have the die-hards re-assemble and try to revive the "pure faith" by meeting 5 times a week and go out in Service, even if it meant going out with just the bible and some back issues of the Botchtower and Asleep magazines. There are some people whose minds simply could not and would not adjust to the fact that their world was gone and they would do anything to hold on. These are the people who probably wouldn't even believe Jehovah Himself if he came down to earth and told them that the WTS was not the one true religion. This small group of fanatics would "encourage" all the other Dubs to continue on in their "faith" (because obviously they're going through a "sifting" period), but would turn against them with a vengence when most would not comply.

I'd say the majority of Dubs would continue in their association with one another (on a social basis), but would be secretly relieved that they didn't have to go out banging on doors anymore. The rest would probably join another religion.

• jgnat
    jgnat

There will be spin-off die hard groups and spin-off moderates. The organization would be a shadow of it's former glory. Consider the relative quality of programs "Friends" and "Joey" for instance.

I've witnessed a general humbling when a church is brought low. I've seen it with the World Wide Church of God, the catholic church, and my own church. The leadership and the members no longer consider themselves the purest example of godliness in our day. That can only be a good thing.

• blondie
    blondie

Won't happen, there will always be a band of "faithful" JWs. The Catholic Church has been sued to the kazoo lately, and in spite of the word "bankruptcy" being thrown around, it is still a powerful and viable organization. The WTS may get smaller, but it won't disappear. That's what happened to the Worldwide Church of God (WWCOG)(Herbert Armstrong).

Blondie

BTW the KHs are not owned by the local congregation in the same way I own my house. They are a non-profit organization. When the congregation dissolves or is dissolved by the parent non-profit corporation, the property reverts to the control of the parent non-profit organization, the WTS. The government wants this to stay non-profit and property/cash not revert into an individual(s) pocket.

• greendawn
    greendawn

I thought it was the WTS that owns the KHs holding their title deeds even if the local dubs buy the land and the materials to build them.

If the WTS collapses then all its mysterious oppressive power that enslaves so many minds of JWS and ex JWS alike will fall to pieces and the oppressed will suddenly experience a great sense of liberation from the power that haunted them for years.

• jstalin
    jstalin

Hundreds of thousands of JWs, freed from the former oppression, turn to drugs and gay sex!

• Clam
    Clam

I think “the love of the great number will cool off™”

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit