Coming to Toronto this month? Sign in here!

by peterstride 48 Replies latest jw friends

• peterstride
    peterstride

We're up to five confirmations...!

It's going to be an all weekend thing mommy! Festivities will be commencing Friday afternoon when the first of our US arrivals...arrive! The last of our US visitors will be with us until Monday morning, so the party should easily extend into Sunday too!

Peter Stride
    Toronto, Canada

• peterstride
  • outnfree
    outnfree

Hi, Peter!

I'm coming Saturday night (and bringing another ex-JW friend) and leaving on Sunday sometime.

outnfree

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

Count me in. Most likely just for Sunday, unless I can shack up with somebody Sat. night. ;)

• Eric
    Eric

Yow! I don't get on this board much, but it looks like the respondants so far can take things in good fun.

'Balls Out' just means to take something to the limit, and comes from my old amateur motocross days in B.C., ie: "If you take the gravel wash balls out, you'll air the whoops straight off the table-top."

Very much a local colloquialism.

See also:

Hell bent for leather
    Crash the net
    Drive the hoop
    Pedal to the metal
    Brake when you see Jesus
    Take it flat

It all means that I look forward to it, Peter. Let's get something happening on a patio.

I'm in Mississauga, and won't need any help with accomodations.

Go, Peter, go!

Eric

• somebody
    somebody

Up till this morning, I was a definte. Due to an unforseen circumtance happening here, it doesn't look like I'll be attending this one.

somebody

• outnfree
    outnfree

Oh, NO! Gwen,

I'm sorry to hear that. I'll miss meeting you and do hope that your "unforeseen circumstance" resolves itself favorably and soon!

out

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

I'll be nosing around of course.

Somebody: really sorry to hear you wont be able to make it. Hope things go well for you with your unforseen circumstance.

Expatbrit

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

Hiyas Peter!

Tracy already responded about our arrival...I am SOOOOOOOOO looking forward to meeting you all!

((((Gwen)))),

I am really disappointed that you aren't going to make it; Tracy and I had been talking about how cool it was going to be to meet you at the apostofest. I hope everything is okay with you. Take care,

Dana

"I undid his head collar and took him outside for a drink, and felt, if not exactly a communion with him, at least an awareness of being a fellow creature on a lonely planet."

Dick Francis in "To The Hilt"

• Kismet
    Kismet

I am in for anything going on from Friday Noon till Monday night, except for Saturday night's activities.

I am DJ'ing a Jack & Jill party that night.

Looking forward to see the ole gang from past events and meeting all the new ones too!!!!!

Look out Toronno (how the locals pronounce it!!) here we come!!!!!

Kismet

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit