What would happen if all of the WTS in-house attorneys quit?

by truth_about_the_truth 17 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

Ed,

I made my comments based on the Dub legal rep I spoke with. ANY 1st yearer would know better than to engage in UPL much less a person representing himself as an Ättorney¨.

How long do you think a judge in any state would put up with the way these folks interject scripture into their ¨legal¨arguments_ Not too long methinks. I don´t even think they know they do it.

I have yet to meet a Dub who can think logically enough to ¨pass¨the LSAT. I refer to passing as scoring in the high ´60´s. You must have had a different witness than I.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Volunteer? All that donation money laying around for slick lawyer types?

Skimming anyone?

• sassycat
    sassycat

JWs currently already use non-inhouse attorneys for certain lawsuits, particularly when the lawsuit is covered an insurance policy and the insurance company has reserved the right to use it's own attorneys - or when they need help with an out of state lawsuit. I don't think the in-house attorneys quitting would have any effect on the organization, unfortuately. They have so much money, they could pay several lawyers to do whatever they wanted.

• serendipity
    serendipity

Hi sassycat,

I noticed this was your first post. Welcome to the forum!

• jgnat
    jgnat

Like it has been said already, the WTBTS already contracts out legal work.

What would be FAR MORE PAINFUL is if a single disgruntled lawyer were to quit and bring incriminating letters WITH HIM. Especially any evidence that the lawyers represent Watchtower interests over individual congregation members, evidence of direction, misdirection, bullying, and headquarters control over the organization, subsidiaries, elders and overseers.

WE KNOW the organization is rigid, inflexible, and higly controlled. WE KNOW their first goal is to protect the society from looking bad, and will blatantly lie and destroy individuals to protect their reputation. WE KNOW that dissenters are severly punished. It is really tough, though, to get a skeptical outsider, such as a judge, to believe it is as bad as WE KNOW it is.

Incriminating letters would be lovely.

• serendipity
    serendipity

Isn't Lawrence Hughes' lawsuit naming the lawyers? Wouldn't it be interesting if he won the suit, the lawyers faced damages that the WTS wouldn't cover, causing disgruntled lawyers and leading to the situation JGNat outlines....

• Kaput
    Kaput

Philip Brumley -- General Counsel for the WBTS

Private residence: 131 Brimstone Rd.
    Patterson, New York

Brimstone. Hmmmmm....that must be a hot piece of real estate.

• truth_about_the_truth
    truth_about_the_truth
    Isn't Lawrence Hughes' lawsuit naming the lawyers? Wouldn't it be interesting if he won the suit, the lawyers faced damages that the WTS wouldn't cover, causing disgruntled lawyers and leading to the situation JGNat outlines....

Very intriguing...stay tuned....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit