42 LOGICAL FALLACIES (of the con artist)

by DannyHaszard 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

The central CORE doctrine of the Watchtower,the reason they came into existence was to proclaim Jesus Christ second coming in 1914.They will now deny that they ever made this claim,that's called BAIT AND SWITCH

For 50 plus years the masthead of the Watchtower,viewed when you opened up to the inside front cover would read as follows:

"This magazine(Watchtower) builds up confidence in the Creators PROMISE of a peaceful and secure "new world" before the generation "that witnessed" the EVENTS OF 1914 passes away"".
    By their own admission the Watchtowers has published this dogma in hundreds of millions of pieces of their own literature.

They deleted this false adventist millerite derived prophecy in 1995 because it had FAILED.

The Watchtower leadership has "purged" hundreds of thousands of followers over the years for failing to uphold the 1914 (Jesus came to power) loyalty oath to this now defunct dogma.

The Bible clearly warns to turn away from false prophets.

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

Oh, so very 42-itous! Danny, you should get paid for all this stuff you do. Thanks. This is great to review and share.

See'em at the Memorial, 4-12-06, & bring the "funny money" featured at:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/109507/1.ashx

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

These days wehn I go to a Kingdom Hall I wear BSDs

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

BSD = Bull***t deflectors

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Let em have it! New high ranked forum easy one step register Prisoners of Conscience
    Transitions Online, Czech Republic - 6 hours ago
    Conscientious objectors, mainly Jehovah's Witnesses, are refusing to enlist for alternative civilian service on the grounds that it is controlled by the ... http://forum.tol.cz/viewtopic.php?p=16

• dorayakii
    dorayakii

This post is truly magnificent. I wonder if anyone could provide concrete examples (especially recent Watchtower quotations) that demonstrate in turn, each form of logical fallacy that the Society uses.

I can think of many examples, (for example "argumentum ad ignorantium" is clearly demonstrated when the Society attacks the theory of evolution as false, because it has not been proven true or accurate in all cases... and "division" is displayed in that the 144,000 = a group of people, and the little flock = a group of people, therefore the 144,000 = the little flock...) but I simply have no time or will-power this week to scour the latest issues of The Watchtower and Awake! searching for concrete examples of this type of faulty reasoning... sorry

• dorayakii
    dorayakii

Let's start the ball rolling then shall we?

Example of FALSE ANALOGY (apples and oranges)

Reasoning book. Page 73

Is a transfusion really the same as eating blood?

In a hospital, when a patient cannot eat through his mouth, he is fed intravenously. Now, would a person who never put blood into his mouth but who accepted blood by transfusion really be obeying the command to "keep abstaining from . . . blood"? (Acts 15:29) To use a comparison, consider a man who is told by the doctor that he must abstain from alcohol. Would he be obedient if he quit drinking alcohol but had it put directly into his veins?

There are many reasons why this is a false analogy (a more accurate descriptioin would be "ridiculous analogy"). A main reason is that taking a blood transfusion in no way resembles either intravenous feeding or the drinking of alcohol. A blood transfusion is a life saving medical treatment, and unless a doctor wanted to violate his Hippocratic Oath and risk his career, it is highly unlikely that a doctor would prescibe an alcohol transfusion or a poison transfusion or any other ridiculous analogies the WTS could think up.

Example of RED HERRING and TWO WRONGS MAKE A RIGHT

Watchtower Website http://www.watchtower.org/library/g/2000/6/22/diagram_01.htm

Is the Work of Jehovah's Witnesses Propagandistic?

Some opponents of Jehovah's Witnesses have accused them of spreading Zionist propaganda. Others have charged that the ministry of the Witnesses promotes Communism. Still others have claimed that the work of Jehovah's Witnesses promotes the ideals and interests of "American imperialism." And there are those who assert that the Witnesses are anarchists, fomenting disorder with the aim of changing the social, economic, political, or legal order. Obviously, these conflicting accusations cannot all be true.

The simple fact is that Jehovah's Witnesses are none of the above. The work of the Witnesses is carried out in faithful obedience to Jesus Christ's mandate to his disciples: "You will be witnesses of me . . . to the most distant part of the earth." (Acts 1:8) Their work focuses solely and exclusively on the good news of the heavenly Kingdom—God's instrument for bringing peace to the whole earth.—Matthew 6:10; 24:14.

This extract is loaded with different types of logical fallacy, but there is a clear red herring here. The word "propaganda" is so inextricably linked with Zionists, Communists and Imperialists, that it is very easy to assume that because JWs are not connected with them, they are therefore not involved in any kind of propaganda. Another way to look at it is to ask the question, what kind of propaganda did the Communists spread?... no doubt Communist propaganda. Therefore, mentionning any other organisation is irrelevant material because JWs could certainly not be said to spread the propaganda of Zionists, Communists or Imperialists, but might by some be said to spread their own propaganda.

Two wrongs make a right is also demonstrated in this short passage. The accusation that JWs spread prapaganda, is met with the statement "obviously, these conflicting accusations cannot all be true". Therefore, since the accusers are wrong, JWs must be right.

I've made an effort but I'm not so articulate this week. Does anybody have any more concrete examples to expose the different types of logical fallacy that the WTS use in their literature?

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard
    So, here's the deal for Scientologists: If you don't want people to think you're a creepy, whacky cult, then maybe the first step is to stop acting so creepy and whacky. After all, sometimes, when people respond negatively to you, it's not because they're bigots.

It's because you're an a**hole.

Tom Cruise and the Wacky Cult of Scientology CLICK for comments Questions and Observations - USA
    ... Let's face it, even by the standards of semi-obscure Cults, Scientology is weird. Is it a religion? A philosophy? A self-help program? A science? (hint: No!). .

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

There's no telling what Scientology is. I read a story about a women who under went much abuse from that cult. Its no different from the DUBS except inlike JW's they like the attention they get from celebrities

• blindersoff
    blindersoff

Apostate Kate-

This one I am talking to, I asked her to please show me the words I have used that convey hate. She could not and praise God she is softening up and some real communication is starting.

I think this shows the value of the loving approach in trying to help current JW's.

B

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit