Tastes like chicken

by peacefulpete 18 Replies latest watchtower bible

• greendawn
    greendawn

I can't see the connection in the Lazarus story.

Neither can I see the connection between cannibalism and the old or new testament. Cannibalism was/is practiced by backward primitive tribes very far removed from civilisation.

• Kaput
    Kaput

Not to worry, greendawn. Peacefulpete lost his ear trumpet and "heard" the story wrong.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

OK it wasn't that funny.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce
    Neither can I see the connection between cannibalism and the old or new testament. Cannibalism was/is practiced by backward primitive tribes very far removed from civilisation.

G'day greendawn.

So much history to review so little time.

I personally think the cannibalistic Celtic, Greek, Roman, Japanese, Chinese, Aztec, Inca, Egyptian, Babylonian, Persian, Maori, Australian Aboriginal, Zulu and Nordic cultures were something more than primitive tribes. These and many others are proven to have practised canabalism in one form or another in their past.

The bible is drenched with references to the ancient art of cannibalism and blood sacrifice. Abraham was ready willing and able to make a blood sacrifice of his son Isaac. His being told to kill an animal instead marked a change between human and animal sacrifice. The temple rituals of the ancient world were based on sacrificing animals in the place of men. Jesus was offered as a sacrifice and his disciples told to symbolically at least eat his flesh and drink his blood.

Some homework might be of help here greendawn, I will have to revive the 'cannibal feast' discussion in time for Easter.

unclebruce

• gumby
    gumby

Greendawn......ya dadgum little pinky finger chewin serious bastard you........you's forgettin bout Jeptha and his sweet little daughter he sacraficed. Jeptha wasn't no uncivilized hillbilly , ya big silly.

Gumby

• Carmel
    Carmel

izat wat unca is talkin bout when he say ta me "eat me"?

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

Lazarus, we'd love to have you for dinner.

• LDH
    LDH

mmmmm.....What's this sauce?

~~Cream of Sum Yung Gai

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

Did y'all hear about the cannibal who passed his mother-in-law on the street?

Pope

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit