Presidental Candidate - A Jehovah's Witness!

by Kent 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Kent
    Kent

I bet the Watchtower loves this one! A Jehovah's Witness running for President in Africa!!!

Read the story on the Watchtower Observer.

The story ends like this:

Asked about his association with Jehovah's Witnesses who do not allow participation in politics, Mwanawasa remained numb and just waved his hands. Mwanawasa with his wife Maureen, who was even baptised last year, are members of Jehovah's Witnesses who do not encourage their members to have political affiliations.

Yakki Da

Kent

The most significant difference between Prime Minister John Howard and Hitler, is the fact that Hitler is dead.

Daily News On The Watchtower and the Jehovah's Witnesses:
    http://watchtower.observer.org

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

Kent,

What congregation he belongs to?

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Fred,

Him go bikpela lotu planti de wokabout bilong hia.

(I thought maybe Pidgin would be more your style , Fred - standard English seems to be beyond you)

http://www.june29.com/HLP/lang/pidgin.html

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

Tito, maybe he goes to one in Chino.

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

I find this very interesting, and I hope he wins. Can you imagine the Tower disfellowshipping Zambia's president? And can you imagine the Tower continuing to be a legal religion in that country? LOL

I really, really, REEEAALLY hope he becomes president! <rubs hands together gleefully>

• Tina
    Tina

Wow! The WTS won't have any trouble 'getting in bed w/ babylon' here. This guy has the room reserved for 'em lol. hugs to all,Tina

Carl Sagan on balancing openness to new ideas with skeptical scrutiny..."if you are open to the point of gullibility and have not an ounce of skeptical sense-you cannot distinguish useful ideas from worthless ones."

• Kent
    Kent
    Can you imagine the Tower disfellowshipping Zambia's president?

I'd like to see that, yes. On the other hand, the legal dep is working so much political these days, I'm not at all surprised. When the Watchtower is even recognized by the UN - lots of things have changed.

How could we tell the "rank and file" about this stuff?

Could someone make a good press release - and we could post it on all JW guestbooks we could find? Also, the UN stuff should be posted to lots of newspapers. That would give the Watchtower great PR, but it would make Hell INSIDE the organization....

Yakki Da

Kent

I need mor BOE letters and other material. Those who can send it to me - please do! The new section will be interesting!!

Daily News On The Watchtower and the Jehovah's Witnesses:
    http://watchtower.observer.org

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Hmmm, he's not such a dark horse, either. He is a member of the ruling party and it's not impossible that he could win the election this year, according to this article:
    http://www.babinmedia.com/zambezi/ZT431a.html

We might be in for some "new light" (tm) later this year if he wins the election - a President in one's pocket, even of a tin-pot African country, could be handy - after all, the third world is where all the Tower's growth is occurring. Will Dubs be allowed to vote soon, one wonders...

• outnfree
    outnfree

Dubs ARE allowed to vote.

I've been looking for the Questions From Readers on the matter, but I can't find it (no CD-ROM anymore and I think it was more recent and in magazines for which I don't have any bound volumes). It's a typical WT "waffle" though. It's a conscience matter in those nations where citizens are required to vote, or some such.

Can anyone find and scan the article? I'm thinking 1999?

outnfree

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

You'll probably find that voting is a "conscience matter" now, but then, so too is blood! And you're considered to have DAed yourself if you exercise your conscience in that matter.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit