The Real origin of the 1914 Doctrine

by barry 12 Replies latest jw friends

• barry
    barry

I would like to thank you all for your replies I didn't know how I would be received on this forum but you've all been very kind. Yes Thirdson Prenology and other weird 19th century idears found there way into Adventism. J.T I don't study with the JW lady but we still remain good friends she asked me over to see a video but I haven't been over yet. You had the most questions Hillary-Step you know about the 27 fundamentals. SDAs can differ without any punitive action , but if one is employed by the church as a pastor or conference president and were to teach in a non traditional way there job could be under threat but disfellowshiping would be very unusual. Disfellowshiping is resurved for gross sin such as adultery etc. An SDA Dr of theology was sacked fore his views in the 80s while a current President of the East -Finland SDA conference has completed a doctoral dissertation on the same subject and is in good standing. Dr Ford remains a loyal member of the church. So if an ordinary member or an elder little or nothing would be done but then the christian life is more than just argueing theology. And do they have a spiritual problem , well yes and no, the right would beleive I had a problem and I with the left would beleive the right has a broblem. There is a more interactive bible study at the weekly study where people are allowed to express their views and even sometimes disagree with the company line. Also their is no restriction on attending other churches as in the witnesses. Flip im suprised you picked that one up but the meteor shower in 1833 is a bit old now what do you think? Waiting I was just making a point about the WT position being similar to the gnostic beleif that our Lord didn't have a body of flesh and bones. The WT says this happened after the cross, while the gnostics beleived he never had a real body. the gnostics also beleived that Simon of Cerine was Crusified in place of our lord. Yours in Christ Barry Ford Thinking is as fundamental a duty for a christian as praying

• barry
    barry

I nearly forgot you Waiting Coledge is ok the church runs many schools coledges and universities.

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

Barry - Thanks for posting this. Many of us are aware that the 1914 date originates with the fact that C.T. Russell when he broke away from the SAD and made a few adjustments to his liking. If I could ask, could you please post some basics of the SAD beliefs? I am aware of many of their doctrines (taking away the bible after a period of time and so on) but I think some of their beliefs would be interesting for many of us here to read.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit