Up for a Challenge? HERE IT IS........(Please consider this!)

by whyizit 5 Replies latest jw friends

• whyizit
    whyizit

On page 3277 there is a message by Shunned Father who is in a legal battle with the WTS lawyers, over the death of his daughter. He is incurring a lot of legal expenses and needs help.

How many of you have seen the e-mail that is going around that talks about how little $20 is, until you go to donate it? Then all of the sudden it seems like too much.

This gentleman has 2 weeks to raise the money he needs to proceed with his law suit. I was thinking, within a two week span of how much money I literally waste. How much would I spend on going out to eat, Starbucks coffee, vending machine junk food, clothing I don't really need, lottery tickets, movie rentals, etc....?

IT ADDS UP! I'm going to estimate what I would spend on these things in the next two weeks, then I'm going to take that amount and send to Lawrence Hughes for something IMPORTANT!

Instead of making stupid purchases on things I really don't need, I am going to try to help this man make a difference!

I challenge you to do the same. Will you?

• rebel8
    rebel8
    This gentleman has 2 weeks to raise the money he needs to proceed with his law suit.

Actually, I imagine he first conceived of the notion of a lawsuit way before a few days ago. Bethany died 3 and a half years ago.

....and I'm guessing if there's a statute of limitations on this suit, there's a window of time in which he can file.

• snarf
    snarf

That is very admirable. It is funny how much we blow on extras throughout the day or week. Great idea.

• whyizit
    whyizit

I agree that you should feel 100% comfortable in sending the money. If not, do not do it.

I'm not suggesting people send huge amounts, at least not until there is a trust fund of some type established. Which I trust we will be made aware of. But if the guy is pressured for time and money in order to retain a lawyer for this, then I can see where $20 here and there might make a big difference.

If he is not on the up and up, I'm sure he'll be investigated and found out. But this seems to be an ongoing, well publicized case. I'll risk a few bucks! The way I see it, if I send him $20, it is because I trust him to use it the way he said he would. If he doesn't, that is on his head. I've had family and friends that have screwed me out of much more than that. I still love them, but I don't invest in them any more. This guy will prove himself, one way or the other.

I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt.

• hubert
    hubert
    I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt.

You go, whyizit !!

Couldn't have said it better, myself.

Hubert

• I-CH-TH-U-S
    I-CH-TH-U-S

statute of limitations on most crime is 6yrs except in cases of sexual assault which have no limit

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit