JWs and the Judaic influence

by greendawn 27 Replies latest jw friends

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness
    Romans 10: 9,13 Whoever believes in and calls upon the Lord Jesus will be saved.

But I'm confused here. The NWT uses "Jehovah" instead of Jesus. Is that that an innacurate translation??? If so then the whole premise of using God's name is false. What does The KJV say? It does not say either name but instead uses Lord. Now I'm really confused.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

StillAWitness,

Every time you see "Jehovah" in the New Testament (or Christian Greek Scriptures) of the NWT it is a falsification. This name, in any form, is never found in any of the thousands of NT Greek manuscripts. What the text has is usually kurios = Lord, and in Romans 10 it is essential to Paul's argument (whoever confesses the Lord Jesus will be saved because it is written "whoever calls upon the name of the Lord will be saved.")

• Cady
    Cady
    OHD, the JWS did at one stage appear antisemitic when Rutherford tried to court Hitler but Russell before him was certainly an ardent zionist and much favoured by the Jews.

Many Jews in Russell's time were not Zionists, and hence Russell's position (if stated accurately) would not make the following statement (much favored by the Jews) accurate for all Jews. Might interest you to know that Eichmann, one of the more notorious NAZI figures, was also an ardent Zionist.

Christianity has Jewish roots, so it would be expected that there would be some carry over. However, the more I study Judaism, the more I realize how very different JWs are, and actually how poorly represented Jewish beliefs are in the JW publications.

Cady

• M.J.
    M.J.

The similarity is that they act like Pharisees.

• truth_about_the_truth
    truth_about_the_truth

Even a casual examination of the scriptures will make it apparent that Judaic law was there for the purpose of fulfilling the prophecies regarding the Messiah, Jesus. Once Jesus came and did what he did, he fulfilled the Mosaic law and established a new law based on faith of his return (not works) and love of God and neighbor.

Now when you see the WTS focus on the Judaic law in much greater proportion than Jesus and the example he set in displaying unconditional love, one has to ask why? Why don't they let go of the Law? Why can't they move on despite all the research that they appear to do regarding the scriptures? They don't seem to get it do they? I would have to say that they are not ignorant of the true nature of what it really means to be a Christian, but they are deliberately keeping that on the backburner and focusing on the Law and a works-based form of worship. It has a lot to do with their Masonic influence which is in turn Zionist. All based on the Talmud and the Kabbalah resulting in the retention of the Mosaic law which ultimately nullifies what Jesus did for us in giving his life.

The WT claims to be a Christian religion, but ask yourself, how much emphasis is really put on Jesus in their publications and all of their meetings? Not much huh? How about the emphasis they put on works? The FDS? Old testament modern day applications? Quite a bit right? In fact, this is the core of their ideology. This is what the WTS is all about folks. It's bastardized Christianity with Masonry at it's core.

• Cady
    Cady
    The WT claims to be a Christian religion, but ask yourself, how much emphasis is really put on Jesus in their publications and all of their meetings? ;Not much huh? How about the emphasis they put on works? The FDS? Old testament modern day ;applications? Quite a bit right? In fact, this is ;the core of their ideology. ;This is what the WTS is all about folks. It's bastardized Christianity with Masonry at it's core.

This thread really bothers me, and after reading this it finally hit me why. We complain about the JWs saying how they're the only right religion etc., and yet I think this thread has a definite air to it that says *Christianity* is the "right" way of life. I'm not sure that's said in so many words anywhere, but it's the tone I'm getting. I'm figuring most of the ppl on this site (the ones I know at least) are ex-JWs. We spent however many years putting down other religions as JWs; why do we need to keep doing that?

c.

• truth_about_the_truth
    truth_about_the_truth
    This thread really bothers me, and after reading this it finally hit me why. We complain about the JWs saying how they're the only right religion etc., and yet I think this thread has a definite air to it that says *Christianity* is the "right" way of life. I'm not sure that's said in so many words anywhere, but it's the tone I'm getting. I'm figuring most of the ppl on this site (the ones I know at least) are ex-JWs. We spent however many years putting down other religions as JWs; why do we need to keep doing that?

Christianity in it's purest form is not a religion. Jesus never came to establish a RELIGION. He came to establish a frame of mind, state of heart. People made religions and started calling them "Christian".

• Cady
    Cady
    Christianity in it's purest form is not a religion. Jesus never came to establish a RELIGION. He came to establish a frame of mind, state of heart. People made religions and started calling them "Christian".

Hmm...religion, way of life, frame of mind...I suppose my point was that I thought we were trying to leave behind the "I've got the answers and they're the right ones" thing. I like this viewpoint a lot: "Lessing's greatness does not merely consist in a theoretical insight that there cannot be one single truth within the human world but in his gladness that it does not exist and that, therefore, the unending discourse among men will never cease solong as there are men at all. A single absolute truth...would have spelled the end of humanity." (p. 27) from "On Humanity in Dark Times, Thoughts about Lessing" - Hannah Arendt But then again, that's now me thinking I'm the one who's got it right that there's not an absolute right. ;-) Cheers, Cady

• Rig Boy
    Rig Boy

For Jews, the belief that God can be human
    is the ultimate heresy.

— Rabbi Shmuley Boteach, on Christianity

What is the greatest heresy in the Jehovah's Witness? The trinity? The belief that God can be human? You betcha!

What more do you need?

• greendawn
    greendawn

"It's bastardized Christianity with Masonry at it's core."

TATT, that statement describes the JWs very well we are talking about the JW mindset that is closer to the Judaic mindset rather than the Christian and their marginalisation of Jesus is clue that gives away their game. In Christianity the essence of all things is to make Christians members of the body of Christ and not to shut them out of the New Covenent.

It's just hard to imagine anyone being Christian while refusing to participate in that Covenent. And when they are Jehovah centred, oh well you should excuse us for thinking of them as being more Judaic than Christian.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit