Funny quotes from PL2PR

by IP_SEC 5 Replies latest watchtower bible

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Supplements to Awake! University.

From Paradise lost to paradise regained.

Pg 10 para 5

After a very long time the earth began to cool. And as it slowly cooled it changed from a ball of fiery gasses to a ball of hot boiling liquid. Very slowly a crust formed over this liquid, which hardened as time passed. We could compare the crust to the hard scab that forms over a cut in your flesh.

BTW this was not a children,s book.

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

I well remember that book, had an orange cover if memory serves me. I got time in having studies with my younger brothers and sisters out of it. What a crock.

Sherry

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

It was a nasty color of salmon or orange and wasn't the cover embossed, or am I losing it? It was full of disturbing illustrations, too!

• SallySue
    SallySue

Yes, it was a horrible pink and had many many pictures... I think that book came out in the late 50's or very early 60's. I remember using that book when I pioneered in 1960/1.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

PG 7 paragraph 1

The simple language of this book is not because you are not a full-grown man or woman or do not have a mind old enough to understand hard things.

But now you have something new to learn; you must find out about new people; you must learn new things that will be for your good, but different from anything you have heard or studied before.

Geez can anyone say "run on sentence?"

• New Worldly Translation
    New Worldly Translation

Yeah I remember that book as a kid. It had a picture of the flood on the inside cover with dinosaurs on it!

One thing that I remember vividly was a drawing of the earth with a water canopy around it. I remember at the time not liking that picture and turning the page quickly.

At the back was a series of drawings with householders reacting in various ways to door to door sermons. Me and my mum used to practice going on the doors by knocking on the book as if it was a door and taking the part of one of the characters.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit