Letter to the Editor....

by schne_belly 9 Replies latest jw friends

• schne_belly
    schne_belly

Here is a letter to the editor that will be appearing in the Saturday edition of our local paper.

Very few people are aware of the beliefs of Jehovah's Witnesses. There are several reasons for that. First, not too many people care. They represent less than 1/10 of 1% of the worlds population. Second, Jehovah's Witnesses don't want the general public to be aware of all their beliefs. Joining their religion is not like buying a house. Jehovah's Witness information is disclosed to you on a "need to know basis." Rarely will one be told right away of the need to shun non-witness family members and associates, that all non-witnesses will die at an impending Armageddon, that you can't celebrate holidays, or that you need to attend 5 meetings a week to attain to salvation. Ask a Jehovah's Witness at your door if they are there to change your religion. They will say "No". They are lying. Finally, it's hard to keep up with thier ever changing doctrines. Staunch beliefs held as little as 15 years ago are now considerd out dated. Yet, they insist they have the "truth," stating that all other religions are "false."

Jehovah's Witnesses also hold an intersting world view. It's as though they look forward to bad things happening. It proves to them that the end of the world is near. It's an end that they have been predicting for over 130 years. Time continues to prove them wrong.

Why am I writing about Jehovah's Witnesses? I was one for 28 years. I knocked on your door Saturday mornings. I told you the end of the world was coming. I tried to get you to examine your religion, while refusing to examine my own. I hope to assist anyone who has questions about this religion. Knowledge is power; power Jehovah's Witnesses don't want you to have.

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Very well written. You might want to make an edit here, though:

First, not to many people care.

Should be too, not to. Otherwise, perfect!

Wonder if they'll run it?

Sherry

• schne_belly
    schne_belly

Thanks Gretchen - the one sent to the editor was correct.

It will run 3/11/06..

• damselfly
    damselfly

It reads well, good job on it.

Dams

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

does your paper have where readers can respond to them online?

you did a good job..if you get any response let us know!

• Kristofer
    Kristofer

wow, concise, clear..well written!

• Hawkeye
    Hawkeye

Very well written! Can't wait to see it in the paper and see what kind of response you get. I hope my hubby reads it!(He hates JWs)

Write on!!!!!!!!!

• Honesty
    Honesty

Please provide us a link if it is available online.

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Yea, I'd love to see it too. Link us up!!

Sherry

• schne_belly
    schne_belly

I believe there will be an online link - i will provide it when it becomes available.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit