The Smoking Gun!

by Kent 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Maximus
    Maximus

Mox, compare all the letters relating to child abuse in the US and you will find NO MENTION of Romans 13. NO MENTION of the need to consider one's moral responsibility. NO MENTION that elders are not qualified to assess charges. And so on.

I've gone through this in the BOE SL thread. Compare the July 1989 letter with the 1992 UK letter. That's the written evidence, more to come.

Waiting,
    Suppose someone superseded policy just in the US? Axed it; killed it, wanting not to report because REPORTING BRINGS REPROACH ON THE ORGANIZATION.

Your questions are excellent about policies in other countries. I'm going to let that develop.

Maximus

• Ranchette
    Ranchette

Waiting,
    That you asked about the possibility of there being
    differing policies in other countries is exactly what I've been wondering about.Can't wait to see what develops.
    Ranchette

• UK Rector
    UK Rector

I trust everyone understands what a blow this is to Watchtower?

Their positioning is betwixt and between. The midnight oil must be burning in the U.S. Legal Department.

UK Rector

• Tina
    Tina

Thank you all for providing this data.
    I guess I'll never cease being amazed at the info that is coming out. The legal ramifications here will resound loud and clear!.
    With much appreciation,tina

Carl Sagan on balancing openness to new ideas with skeptical scrutiny..."if you are open to the point of gullibility and have not an ounce of skeptical sense-you cannot distinguish useful ideas from worthless ones."

• Kent
    Kent

Hi Seeker;

Your comments were accurate, and extremely interesting. I have, as usual, been a "thief" - and added your comments on a page on the Watchtower Observer as well.

< http://watchtower.observer.org/apps/pbcs.dll/article?Site=WO&Date=20010901&Category=NEWS&ArtNo=10901001&Ref=AR

Please, Elders in England! Can you get me more scans?

Yakki Da

Kent

The most significant difference between Prime Minister John Howard and Hitler, is the fact that Hitler is dead.

Daily News On The Watchtower and the Jehovah's Witnesses:
    http://watchtower.observer.org

• Maximus
    Maximus

Alright, you denizens of the Great White North of the US.

Is Canadian child abuse policy identical to the U.S., or is it that of Great Britain?

Or Kenya?

Or Bulgaria? (Where they really dig Human Rights issues.)

No guesses; just quote it verbatim, or better yet supply a copy. It's coming anyway, so why not be the first on your block to participate?

Maximus

• waiting
    waiting

Damn it! Being a jw woman, like I'd have a copy!!!!!

However, a sarcastic way of butting this one to the top........

"Is Canadian child abuse policy identical to the U.S., or is it that of Great Britain?

Or Kenya?

Or Bulgaria? (Where they really dig Human Rights issues.)

No guesses; just quote it verbatim, or better yet supply a copy. It's coming anyway, so why not be the first on your block to participate?" Maximus

And let the smoking gun's bullet fall where they belong......

waiting

• kgfreeperson
    kgfreeperson

I've been reading Maximus's topics, and it is just so frustrating--things that seemed like they would come to something just suddenly stop. So what is your opinion about why the difference between the child abuse reporting policy in GB is so different from that of the US actually hasn't been a "smoking gun?"

• wednesday
    wednesday

Well even different states in the USA have different reporitng laws.

So,the fact that they know the elders are unqualifed in the UK , is probably no more significant than why they continued to charge for literature where they could get away with it. It is all legal trickery. Remember it is lawyers that run the WTS.

Not that that makes it right or I agree, i think they are pond scum.

• JT
    JT
    Remember it is lawyers that run the WTS

one must NEVER FORGET THIS POINT- SMILE

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit