Tasmania!

by Frog 23 Replies latest jw friends

• outbackaussie
    outbackaussie

*waves from just north of Sydney* I post infrequently, but still pop in from time to time and say hi. Nice to see the aussies putting in a good innings.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Hey outbackaussie!

How comes you're outback and just north of Sydney?? Huh?

Gosford??

Good to see ya still around. Hope life's going well for ya.

• outbackaussie
    outbackaussie

<div>Bumping to reply to Ozzie :)

I should probably see if I can change my name to CoastalAussie now, we moved back to the coast from western NSW at the beginning of 2005 after 6 years out there in the dust.

I stop in here to find out what the latest take on the end of the world is in dubland, so I have some clue when/if I talk to my relo's in Perth. Since I stopped caring particularly about dubdom I find it less of a concern and more of a curiousity. I have enough to keep me busy in my kiddos to be bothered anymore with being angry about how things went down 17 years ago. I guess I finally got over it.

This isn't meant of course to diminish what anyone else is going through with their own crises or suchlike with the organisation. I am only too well aware of the insidious and consuming nature of the "truth" and how it affects all parts of one's life. I hope I can hold myself an example of how someone can eventually get through it and recover meaning and happiness from an altogether unpleasant cult. I talk to my dubby family, they know and either pretend not to care or pretend not to know that I have "forsaken my god" as they would put it. I just dont talk about religion with them :) And it suits me this way just fine.</div>

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    This isn't meant of course to diminish what anyone else is going through with their own crises or suchlike with the organisation. I am only too well aware of the insidious and consuming nature of the "truth" and how it affects all parts of one's life. I hope I can hold myself an example of how someone can eventually get through it and recover meaning and happiness from an altogether unpleasant cult. I talk to my dubby family, they know and either pretend not to care or pretend not to know that I have "forsaken my god" as they would put it. I just dont talk about religion with them :) And it suits me this way just fine.</

G'day outbackausiie coastalmaiden:

That is sooooo good to hear. I feel genuinely happy to hear your news.

Good on yer!

Ozzie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit