If Jesus Was An Elder

by Mulan 18 Replies latest jw friends

• patio34
    patio34

I almost missed this poem! :-(

But my new way of reading the Board is to start at page 4, so I don't miss so much good stuff.

Thanks, Mulan. I'll be saving this one.

Pat

• Mulan
    Mulan

I'm glad everyone liked it so much. My friend who sent it to me, got it on the internet somewhere, so it's on someone's website. If anyone here knows the author, let me know, so I can credit them.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

I hope Mulan won't mind but I came across this looking for a Poem someone wanted to find and I found this..it is amazing..bumping it .

Snoozy..

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

Incredible poem and sooooo true! Thanks Mulan.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

It's lovely yes, I doubt Jesus would be an elder though :)

• keeshondgirl
    keeshondgirl

great poem. I will see if i can print it or re type it and give it too my husband. he will like it. The titles are a big emphasis in our congregation. we stopped going for a few months now. I was a pioneer for a year, and boy were my eyes opened. IT's like once you have a title, you are to keep climbing higher like your climbing the corporate ladder in the business world. and then at the assemblies and conventions the only people worthy of giving a talk have a title and they have to announce the title and how long they've had that title. we were also tired of the way the pioneers and elders mapped out our life in their eyes, what we need to do to win their approval, not Jehovahs. they think these titles matter and will get them to the new world faster before anyone else, but they forget that Jehovah doesn't look at titles, but the heart. The title lovers will find out soon enough. We didnt' know there were that many other people who felt similar to us. this poem says it all...

• african GB Member
    african GB Member

Would he be on JC?

• LUKEWARM
    LUKEWARM

Just beautiful - and what a contrast to the "truth"!

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

...he would be disfellowshipped for apostasy against the WT.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit