The Bahamas were great, traveling there was not so great.

by free2beme 12 Replies latest jw friends

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

The only place I like in the Bahamas is Paradise Island!!! That place is awesome!!! I used to go there before they remodeled and then a couple of times after...it is really amazing. Just remember that the Straw Market stalls are about half JW's selling their stuff! I met a ton of them before fading...can you believe I even went street witnessing while there on vacation????

I really got tired of the attitude about Americans there...I wonder what they think would be supporting them if not tourist dollars???

Be aware when you go to the islands there are some places that tourists should avoid. There are scam artists everywhere even in paradise!

Swalker

• Saoirse
    Saoirse
    Just remember that the Straw Market stalls are about half JW's selling their stuff!

Are you serious? The Straw Market is full of scam artists and just about everything in there is counterfeit. My friend bought a purse there and it fell apart a couple of weeks later.

I really got tired of the attitude about Americans there...I wonder what they think would be supporting them if not tourist dollars???

What happened? My husband and I were thinking about taking a weekend cruise there. I'm having second thoughts now.

• free2beme
    free2beme

I am shocked that the straw market it all Witnesses, or at least mostly Witnesses. Isn't lying and cheating against the Witness religion still? Because what you deal with there is a lot of underhanded activity. Anyway, I got some stuff cheap there, to give to people who wanted me to bring them back something. The main items we got, we at local downtown stores. As for the people treating American's bad, I never saw this or anything like this. I would not advice renting mopeds though, as I saw three accidents related to those and taxies hitting them while there. The locals said this happens daily. They do not drive as crazy as Mexico, but there are a lot of cars on that island and the roads are narrow and the island is just not that big. I strongly discourage anyone from renting a moped.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit