Deepening Saddness

by Amazing 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Dino
    Dino

Hello Amazing. You and I are about the same age and I have two grown children still in the org. Maybe I did too good of a job teaching them what I thought was the truth at the time. Sometimes I try to gently reason with them on why this religion is a fraud, and they just shut down mentally. So then I have to retreat and let them think that I am a spiritual flake, even though I have forgotten more about this org. and its teachings than they will ever know! I would be intensely interested in how you successfully got your children out.Thanks, and brotherly love, Dino

• Francois
    Francois

Poignant story beautifully told.

I too wish I could be what I was before I wanted to be what I am now.

Don't we all?

Francois

• Amazing
    Amazing

Hi Dino: I wrote my story about how I helped my family out of the organization. You can find it at: http://freeminds.org/psych/exithelp.htm

My oldest daughter is planning to write a supplement to it to provide her persepctive. She was about 20 years old at the time and a Regular Pioneer. Followed by this were my oldest son at 18, my next daughter at 16, and my youngest son at 14 years of age. Today, they are 29, 27, 25, and 23.

Let me know what you think of the article I wrote. And if you wish you may email me directly at [email protected]. - Amazing

• waiting
    waiting

Hey puppylove!

Fancy meeting you here! Just wanted to say *hey* and hope that all's going well with you and AhHah!.

We enjoyed the last time he stopped by for a chat.

waiting

• Dino
    Dino

Hello again Amazing. My wife and I both checked out the link on Randy's site, and were struck by some of the similarities in our cases. It took almost five years of surreptitious reasoning to get her to see the truth about "the truth". After that we both stopped attending too suddenly, (which was a blunder) and it sent our boys into shock. I had been used on district level, taught at KM school, and involved in just about every other aspect of that religion. My wife had been a prolific pioneer for ten years. So they couldnt understand it. We found your experience very helpful. Also look forward to reading your daughter's perspective on all this.Once again thanks for the link and your time, and I will e-mail you as time permits. Take care my bro. Dino

• bajarama
    bajarama

This thread makes me feel emotions of sadness and joy. I'm glad I left at the age of 21. I lost alot of people along the way, both friends & family. I guess you could call them causalities of war

My wifes family and my sister and her kids are all I have left. Like many here, I lost my Mom & Dad, my four other brothers & sisters and all there kids, and a lot of extended family and almost every dub friend I ever had.

This Watchtower War has torn though my family, and I don't think it can be put back together.

baja

Brings new meaning to K.I.A. and M.I.A.

• Shane
    Shane

I met my wife of 22 years in a Jehovah's Witness Kingdom Hall, As I look back,I believe we would have had less strife if we would NOT have had the family book" for her to harp on me with.
    All it did was give them ammunition to use against their men, all those requirements; Hell you can't just be a good husband and father, you have to be "Willie Watchtower too. ~ Shane

• Deacon
    Deacon

Its a strange old thing..life I mean.

In therapy with deeply hurt ones, The aim is to try and get the client/patient/hurt person to see a fundamental truth that we as humans seem to not be able to grasp at times...

There are three stages to life. The past, the present and the future.

The future we know nothing about. The present is right now and unfolding with input from nature, from the environment and from the decisions we make ... right now.

The past is the result of decisions and steps we took back then, along with whatever occurred with or without our permission. However, the past no longer exists..it is but a memory....a memory that can no longer hurt us except by our emotional attachment to it...

Being a Witness was the best we could do at the time.

Its over, its past and its a memory...not wasted time..just time spent in living out lives...

As for what is to come..we dont know..but we have right now....and its all ours.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit