What on earth was he talking about?

by SickofLies 7 Replies latest watchtower bible

• SickofLies
    SickofLies

And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression. Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing. --1 Tim.2:14-15

Any idea's what this was suppose to mean? Not something ever talked about in the meetings, but I've always wondered.

• Cellist
    Cellist

It's one more lie for you to be sick of. The modern equivalent is; barefoot, pregnant and in the kitchen.

Cellist

• integ
    integ

It means whatever the Governing Body of Jehovahs' Witnesses SAY it means.

PERIOD.

END OF STORY

NEXT QUESTION.......

• Narkissos
  • google_mE
    google_mE

The context reads:

12 I do not permit a woman to teach, or to exercise authority over a man, but to be in silence. 13 For Adam was formed first, then Eve. 14 Also, Adam was not deceived, but the woman was thoroughly deceived and came to be in transgression. 15 However, she will be kept safe through childbearing, provided they continue in faith and love and sanctification along with soundness of mind.

Paul was talking about the woman's role in the congregation. He then uses Eve to illustrate his reasons for this, saying that Eve was created after Adam and that Eve was "deceived", in that, she listened to the serpents words and began to long for the fruit. Paul shows that Adam's sin was different than Eve's, it was a willful sin. Adam was not tricked with the serpent's words, but sinned because he loved his wife more than God. Paul then goes back to woman's role in the congregation in verse 15. Most likely he was thinking of the woman's unique role of having children in order to keep them busy and not become "gossipers and meddlers in peoples affairs." Thus "saving" them by not "turning aside to follow Satan" with so much free time on their hands. (1 Tim 5:13-15) Perhaps our first connection to the saying: "Idle hands are the Devil's tools" ?? nah

Taken from the w65 3/15 p172 -mE
  • A Paduan
    A Paduan

spirit, soul, and child of promise

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Just more Paulian BS.

Sherry

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

Perhaps PAUL didn't permit a woman to teach, but Jehovah did. Jehovah poured out the gift of speaking in tongues upon both men and women. When a woman was speaking in tongues, Jehovah was speaking directly through her and using her to teach men (and women).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit