NEW LIGHT? CAN'T AUX. PIONEER IF NOT LEGALLY SEPARATED.

by juni 12 Replies latest jw friends

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    If a JW woman leaves her physically abusive husband but isnt able to get a legal seperation, then she cannot aux pioneer and give her whole souled attention to the 'christian ministry'? Is this the JW position?

Quoting myself here as I thought about this further....I bet the BOE would have no objections to her just doing the hours though....as long as she doesnt want the status and title!

What a sick system!

DB74

• bronzefist
    bronzefist

Ok, I was told by the sevice overseer that a Br. Brown, who was a representative of the GB, told the elders attending the most recent local elders meeting that seperated couples can no longer Aux. Pioneer. I was told that this was NOT a local position and applied to ALL the congregations. It was NOT a personal viewpoint but came DIRECTLY from the GB. It had to do with how the congregation as a whole viewed those who were seperated. They each could be in "good standing" BUT their seperation causes "stumbling" because the seperation is not being "solved" by the couple.

Plus there is a HUGE increase in couples in the organization going the seperation route. My guess is that the GB is hoping this will stem the "floodgates". The Aux Pioneer thing is onlly a paper thing to begin with, but some feel that if they are "announced" as Aux Pioneers they will not be viewed as the "guilty" party of the seperation decision between them and their spouse.

I do not believe the CHANGE will be openly announced to the entire congregation. As soon as those who are seperated find out they are barred from this "privledge" more will know by word of mouth.

There are six individuals barred in my congregation and four in the adjoining congregation.The elders are pusing HARD for individuals to file for LEGAL SEPERATION if at all possible. The grounds for legal seperation are similar as those for divorce. Abuse, non support or spirirtual indangerment.

• juni
    juni
    A body of elders may let one person who is separated pioneer but not let another person who is also separated. How is that? Because the first person may be separated because their marriage partner has committed adultery, making them innocent of any wrongdoing. The second person might not be allowed to pioneer because they're separated for other reasons that has nothing to do with marital infidelity. Since God hates a divorce and since adultery is the only way to seek seperation and divorce, the separated person would not be in good moral standing, according to WTS standards.

Of course, some elders take their position a little too seriously and read into what's written by the WTS what they want. Then they end up forcing their own views on the congregation members, claiming that they are following the WTS direction. It's too easy for an elder or a BOEs to take whats written by the WTS and manipulate it into persecuting individuals in the congregation. In too many congregations its the politics and ass-kissing that decides who is favored or not favored by the BOE.

THEY'VE GOT PEOPLE CAUGHT BETWEEN A ROCK AND A HARD PLACE.

IN MY EXPERT OPINION, THEY SHOULD STAY OUT OF PEOPLES' PERSONAL LIVES!!!!!!!!

AND LIKE YOU HAD SAID, IT DEPENDS WHO YOU ARE AND IF THEY LIKE YOU AND CONSIDER YOU AN UPRIGHT CHRISTIAN. THAT IS THE BOTTOM LINE IN EVERYTHING.

MAKES ME SICK WITH ALL OF THIS BROWN-NOSING!

JUNI

P.S. HEH, BRONZEFIST, NICE TO HAVE YOU POSTING AGAIN - HEE HEE HEE

PLANT A JUICY ONE ON THE COCKROACHES.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit