SECRET DOCUMENT: Publication Standards Manual

by Elsewhere 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Download the Publication Standards Manual: http://www.davidgladden.com/jw/Docs/stdm-e-2006.pdf

Have you ever wondered what guidelines the WTS uses to write its publications? Well, here they are!

Shortly I will be releasing another closely related memo titled "Writing for our Journals". It is not a full blown manual like the document released in this post, but it will have more information.

Granted, this Publications Standards Manual is an astonishingly boring document, but at the same time it is very enlightening in just how vague it is regarding doctrine. Bottom line: Any JW can submit any article (not just the "anointed") for publication and there are NO checks regarding accuracy of JW teachings (See the Branch Organization Manual, p24-1 Paragraph 4). The author can write anything they want so long as it follows certain formatting, spelling, punctuation and other such guidelines. [Period] I have information from a source who verified that this is basically all the writers are given to write for all publications coming out of the WTS... everything else is based on what they personally feel is correct, unless of course they are willing to dig through piles and piles of old publications.

The "Faithful and Discrete Slave" is nothing more than a bunch of non-anointed, independent writers who are just writing their own personal thoughts and feelings. So much for being "spirit directed".

This certainly would explain why the literature contains so many blatant contradictions!

*** Watchtower July 1, 2002, p.13, paragraph 17-19 ***

Now is the time for Jehovah to express mercy to his anointed servants and their other sheep companions. The evidence that this is so is the extraordinary increase with which he has blessed them…

18. Each year, hundreds of thousands of additional "foreigners" associate with Jehovah's organisation, and the way will remain open for many more to follow them. Jehovah says to Zion: "Your gates will actually be kept open constantly; they will not be closed even by day or by night, in order to bring to you the resources of the nations, and their kings will be taking the lead" (Isaiah 60:11) Some opposers try to close those 'gates,' but we know that they cannot succeed. Jehovah himself has said that one way or another, the gates will stay open. The increase will continue.

19. There are still other ways that Jehovah has blessed his people, making them beautiful in these last days.

*** Examining the Scriptures Daily, May 19th, 2002 ***

Of course, the number of those associated with Jehovah's Witnesses is not a criterion for determining if they enjoy divine favor.

• Gozz
    Gozz

Elsewhere,

thanks.

And to those brave people who continue to risk a lot to get these out, a million thanks, too.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Maybe we should start sending articles. We can even credit authorship to elders we personally dislike.

W

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

It amazes me how much information is able to get out, and the timeliness of the information. This to me is another reason that bethel may be getting smaller, to stem the flow of information to those not in the leadership. Information/knowledge is always equated with power, and as the info gets posted on the net, the GB is slowly losing its stranglehold of the power.

I echo the previous person who thanks all who are providing this information.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Already long ago Ray Franz wrote somewhere that the vast majority of writing was done by the non "annointed", which of course gives away the contrdictory nature of the WTS since they claim that these have no spirit direction.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Thanks elsewhere

The "Faithful and Discrete Slave" is nothing more than a bunch of non-anointed, independent writers who are just writing their own personal thoughts and feelings. So much for being "spirit directed".

This certainly would explain why the literature contains so many blatant contradictions!

Are these your personal thoughts? I hope so lol. Doctr-analy the society has been going nowhere for a very long time. Many years ago, while still in, I noticed a seven year pattern of articles and issues being regurgitated. Circular reasoning in perpetual motion going nowhere.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    And to those brave people who continue to risk a lot to get these out, a million thanks, too.

Yes! I am just the middle-man!

The real hero is one of my internal sources who is taking many risks in getting this information out for everyone to see.

Many thanks to this person!

• minimus
    minimus

ELSEWHERE-----PLEASE THANK THIS PERSON.....and thankYOU, too!!!!

• silentWatcher
    silentWatcher

My god, there are 132 pages! but, check out page 117, last paragraph. it's a real eye-opener!

-silent

• shadow
    shadow

Did I miss the section on proper formatting of external references, such as MLA or APA style?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit