I need your help

by rwagoner 1 Replies latest jw friends

• rwagoner
    rwagoner

I hope this isn't breaking the rules...but it is a REALLY good cause.

On Saturday, July 8, I will be pushing my wheelchair in the 25th Annual Prouty Challenge Walk to raise money for cancer research at Dartmouth College's Norris Cotton Cancer Center. 16 years ago I became the only person, EVER, to participate in a manual wheelchair by pushing over 25 miles. (Over rugged New England roads, including up and down tow HUGE hills). As my disability has progressed significantly in 16 years, I will only be pushing the 5K (3.1 mile) route this time.
    Unfortunately, we all know someone - a family member, friend, colleague, parent, child - who has been effected by this disease. Personally, I lost my grandparents, aunts and uncles and several dear friends to cancer. Truly, cancer does not discriminate.

To participate in The Prouty, I've personally committed $$$ towards this great cause. It is my personal goal to raise as much money as I can for the event and I hope you can join in as every little bit helps ! You can sponsor me right now by clicking on the website listed below. All donations are welcome and US Donations are tax deductible. Donations need to be turned in by July 5.

Money raised by The Prouty supports cancer research at the Norris Cotton Cancer Center. It's one of the best cancer facilities in the country and has been named one of only 39 Comprehensive Cancer Centers by the National Cancer Institute. Research conducted here helps cancer patients all over the world. If you'd like more information on the research done here, go to www.cancer.dartmouth.edu.

If you prefer to send a check, you can make it payable to Friends of Norris Cotton Cancer Center and mail it to Friends of NCCC, One Medical Center Drive, Lebanon, NH 03756. Make sure that you indicate that it's for my walk and place my name in the memo area of the check.

Together, I know we can make a difference in the fight against cancer. Thank you for your support!Follow This Link to visit my personal web page and help me in my efforts to support Friends of Norris Cotton Cancer Center

Randy W

• rwagoner
    rwagoner

bttt

I will send this to the top occassionally until the event to give everyone a chance to see it. I know most of us don't have a lot of extra $$ but we all know someone who is either fighting cancer or who has lost the struggle. Please help me do all we can to work toward a cure !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit