DOCTRINAL CHANGES______how SIGNIFICANT?

by Terry 14 Replies latest jw friends

• M.J.
    M.J.
    1927 - Celebration of Christmas and birthdays banned

Birthdays were not expressly banned in writing until 1951.

There are a few accounts in the Watchtower Magazine of the 1940s of Witnesses taking part in birthday celebrations, as well as an account in the 1946 yearbook:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/106913/1.ashx

Although it appears that in some JW circles at least the practice was frowned upon prior to 1951.

• M.J.
    M.J.

Changes are no problem, as long as you never claim that you're offering anything more than an opinion.

• Star Moore
    Star Moore

Thank you for this ...I'm passing it on to friends. XJW's.. I think the doctrinal changes that you mentioned have no sign of inspiration of God. Mostly alot of rules and orders for power for them and changes for them to get out of hot water. I really don't see anything that would convince me that they were and "Faithful and Discreet slave".since Russell.

• Star Moore
    Star Moore

One for the bottom of the list...In the Brochere Keep on the Watch, they came up with that we have entered into the Hour of Judgement with absolutely no back up support.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Check out what the Society says here about doctrinal vacillations...always forgetting about the timber in their own eye:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit