What do the older WT CD's have that the newer ones don't?

by cabasilas 19 Replies latest jw friends

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

I have both the 2004 and 2005 WT CD-ROM. Just downloaded the "Babylon" file that was put up here on JWD from an older CD-ROM. Thanks for that! What do the older CD-ROMs put out by the Watchtower Society have that the newer ones don't?

Any of them have "Life Everlasting in Freedom of the Sons of God"? Or "Things in Which It is Impossible for God to Lie"?

Has the Kingdom Interlinear Translation ever been put into digital format?

When did the Society start putting stuff on CD?

Thanks for any info you can share!

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

1993 was the first WT CD ROM - releaseda about May 1994

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Hmmm, my 1993 CD worked on my prior computer, but it seems to be incompatible with Windows XP.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Has the Kingdom Interlinear Translation ever been put into digital format?

No sadly - this I would like - having studied Greek at School

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

I do remember back in the late 80s someone typed out the Greek and English interlinear on several large 5 1/4 floppies. They didn't use a Greek font but just transliterated it into English characters. I don't know if anyone still has these. They were distributed at an ex-JW convention in Pennsylvania about 88 or 89.

What are on the older WT CDs? Much that isn't on the newer ones?

• blondie
    blondie

I do believe that the older CDs have some publications that are not on the newer, i.e., Your Will Be Done on Earth. It was replaced when the newer Daniel Prophecy book came out. I belief that the Babylon the Great book was also on the first CD.

• Poztate
    Poztate
    Hmmm, my 1993 CD worked on my prior computer, but it seems to be incompatible with Windows XP.

Try this work around. Right click on the WT .exe file for the 1993 CD...NOT the shortcut the actual exe file.You can usually find it in the directory it was installed in. EG...C:/Program files/WT CD Select properties,then compatibility mode.You can go right back to Windows 95 emulation mode.

• blondie
    blondie

The Impossible book and the Freedom of the Sons of God book are not on the 1993 CD though.

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

In case you missed it, in another thread Nicolaou posted this link to the "Babylon" book from an older CD:

http://www.mkchat.ukforum.com/upload/theWatchtower/WTCD/books/babylon.htm

That's what's prompted me to ask about other "treasures" which are not readily available anymore. I am sure that "Life Everlasting" (1966) was not ever put on CD, but wonder what else was?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Latest versions allow Hard Disk Install - so I keep all versions on my hard disk now - I have not deleted 2004 - just installed 2005 as well as 2004. I think one of the ideas of the annual CD is so that they are constantly updated and anything dodgy is removed from later editions. Interestingly, the Commenatry on the Letter of James was not on 1993 but is on later versions including 2005

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit