Crossing over with John Edwards

by Patriot 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Patriot
    Patriot

Is this guy for real? What do you guys think?

I've watched his program every once in awhile and have wondered if he is actually feeling "energy" from those who have passed or if he, like the WTS says, is just actually receiving messages from Satan and his demons.

I have actually been struggling with that issue. Do we actually die in the sense that we were taught being a JW, which means no consciousness and that death is final, unless we get resurrected?
    This point, can be as most of you, can be argued with the Bible. Whether it is the correct interpretation or not it can be used (the WTBTS interpretation) to convince many people. Heck, there was a time that it convinced me. To say not would only be a lie.

Or is there some type of life after death where we can "watch over" our loved ones and hang out in heaven and just chill in this "other" type of life or consciousness?

I'm aware of the different texts in the Bible, which can be used to prove that we all go to heaven, but still I'm not convinced of either interpretation.

What do you guys think?

JW's need not answer for I already know your answer.

Mav.-

• Mommie Dark
    Mommie Dark

We've had this discussion fairly recently on the board. Maybe one of our more 'ept' friends will find that thread and post a link...

I will now make two equally true statements about the matter:
    1)when the dead talk, they talk to John Edward.
    2)the dead don't talk.

This man is a con artist, a charlatan, a fake equal to his mentor and teacher, Sylvia Brown. They charge literally thousands of dollars for their 'readings' and Edward even offers tropical vacation getaway workshops where he and his lovely wide will teach YOU to access and chat with the dead too!

Satan and demons have nothing to do with what this creep does. Except in the generic sense that you can blame a devil for whatever evil men do...but what Edward does isn't supernatural in any way. It's just a modern twist on an ancient magician's trick.

• LDH
    LDH

Sylvia Browne. HA HAHA HAH HAH AH A.

What a nutcase. When someone disagrees with her on Montel, she says, "Don't disagree with me, I know what I'm taling about." And the jackass who really HAS known the person their whole life is embarrased/intimidated to blush and say, "OK."

WHATEVER.

• Mulan
    Mulan

I am unsure about all of this kind of thing, but I do believe John Edward is a fake.

Here is the link to the recent discussions on this board.
    . http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=8252&site=3#97068

Marilyn (a.k.a. Mulan)

• Amazing
    Amazing

Hi: John Edwards is a very good entertainer, much like magician David Copperfield. Psychic artists can be very good and convincing. I enjoy watching Edwards and observing how he is able to extract information, build on it, and make it all seem like he has some connection with the dead.

My oldest son is also very good with the magic arts. He spooked some JW friends when he was able to levitate a fellow JW friend. My son alerted me to author James Randy who is an expert at debunking claims of paranormal events, prophetic nonsense such as Nostra Damas, psychic artists, etc. All these types use much the same techniques as magicians, with the exception that magicians use some scientific principles as old as civilization. Magicians at least are honest about being merely entertainers.

I highly recommend Randy's works so that you can see through these con artists ... and interestingly, many cultish religous groups use similar techniques to confuse and mislead their followers. Such con artists are no different than the 19th century peddlers who would say, "Step right up folks! Yes siree friends, we have the Elixir just for all your ills, and you can have it for only a small price." And look at the price we paid following such con artists - like the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses. - Amazing

• nytelecom1
    nytelecom1

he aint no david blaine

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

I put John Edwards right up there on a pedestal with Miss Cleo![8>]

April

• Seeker
    Seeker

Keep in mind that what you see on the TV show are only the "successes" he had that session. All the failures don't make it on to the show. And he has plenty, but no one gets to see them. As others said, this is just psychological trickery to take advantage of the gullible.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

YES, John Edwards is for real.

The discarnate entities he communicates with are pure bullshit, however, just like the communications from the spirtual realm that the FDS/GB/WTB&TS recieves in "due time."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit