MY e-mail to stepdad and a hello again

by KW13 11 Replies latest jw friends

• KW13
    KW13

Firstly a Hello again to people...HI. Sorry i've been busy but not forgotten you all, the people that helped me take my final steps in clarifying everything!

Below this line is a document i attached to an e-mail to my stepdad. Don't tell me to tone it down or remove parts cos its too late, its sent and in his inbox. He is downstairs sippin coffee...hehe. ------------------------------------------
    Firstly the membership of the NGO (a department of the UN).Being an NGO means a non-govermental organization. So the society would be ok under that Category. On the UN website we see that any NGO MUST support the UN Charter.

Visit http://www.un.org/dpi/ngosection/pdfs/watchtower.pdf to see the document regarding the membership of the Society.
    You'll need Adobe acrobat installed to read it, or use my PC.

My interest in this is because i was always taught its the disgusting thing, and that Christs Disciples are no part of this world.

Would the UN lie about this? Well firstly they have no reason to lie or leave themselves so open to accusations of attacking a small group or organization. Your comments (by e-mail if thats best for you) would be appreciated or at least where i could go and look to clarify this .--------------------------------------------------------

Then we have the 607 BCE thing. The society teach 607 BCE, its critical to the 1914 teaching. Many scholars and historians and of course Archaeologists date the destruction to 587/586 BCE.

Firstly the British Musuem website. On there is a tablet says "He marched westwards again, in December 598 BC, as Jehoiakim, the king of Judah, had ceased to pay tribute. Nebuchadnezzar's army besieged Jerusalem and captured it on 15/16th March 597 BC. The new king of Judah, Jehoiachin, was captured and carried off to Babylon. A series of expeditions to Syria brings this Chronicle to an end in 594 BC. The VERY SAME tablet is shown in the insight book (Volume 2) yet the society say it shows 617 BCE.So even if the society don't use Babylonian tablets to show their dates, why do they say it says something it clearly does not? See http://www.thebritishmuseum.ac.uk/compass/index.html and upon entering their site search for the following...Cuneiform tablet with part of the Babylonian Chronicle Then select the first tablet there. Compare that to the tablet shown in the Insight book (Vol 2) on page 326. Its the same one but with different dates. There are said to be MANY tablets, Letters, Administrative Documents to prove the date. On the British Musuem site again search for 586 and you will see two letters.
    -------------------------------------------------------- Related to the above. IF everyone arrived back in Jerusalem on exactly 70 years (the fulfillment of the prophecy) then why does Jeremiah 25:12 say the 70 years ended in 539 when the Babylonian King was overthrown? What if the 70 years applied to how long the Babylonians had several nations in captivity. The same tablet from above says that around 609 BCE was the first conquest where the Babylonians conqured Assyria. If you count back from then there are several other times they conquered places...keep counting back to 539 (agreeing with Jeremiah 25:12 for the date 539 and you get 70 years in total.

NOTE: Jeremiah 25:11 says NATIONS not Nation serving under the King of Babylon. SO this surely means more than one Nation
    (for example Assyria, Egypt and Syria AND Jerusalem). Then this doesn't mean people disagree with the bible. This strengthens its reliability and credibility.
    -------------------------------------------------------- Charles Taze Russell wrote a book proving when armageddon would come. He predicted 1914 using a Pyramid and measurements of it to get this date. Get the book from BROTHER XXXX and i am sure it will be an eye opener as to HOW he got these dates. I've seen photocopies of certain pages myself, did you know that up until after 1925 the society didn't believe 1914 was the date? Depending on what volumes you obtain you can see clearly the changes. Thy Kingdom Come (Studies in the Scriptures Vol.3) (1908) p.228
    That the deliverance of the saints must take place some time before 1914 is manifest

Thy Kingdom Come (Studies in the Scriptures Vol.3) (1937) p.228 That the deliverance of the saints will take place some time after 1914 is manifest

--------------------------------------------------------

Grab yourself the Watchtower January 1989 in the Bound Volume as we don't have the single magazine and then try and get the
    original on its own. Watchtower 1989 January 1 p.12 "The Hand of Jehovah Was With Them"
    The apostle Paul was spearheading the Christian missionary activity. He was also laying a foundation for a work that would be completed in our 20th century. Watchtower 1989 January 1 p.12 "The Hand of Jehovah Was With Them"
    [As it appears on Watchtower bound volumes & CD-ROMs]
    The apostle Paul was spearheading the Christian missionary activity. He was also laying a foundation for a work that would be completed in our day.

Why is this change critical? If the work was to be completed in the 20th century as the original magazine stated. That would
    of been the fulfillment of Matthew 24:14 and then the end would have to come.
    -------------------------------------------------------- There are many other things that set me wondering, now if you don't feel comfortable answering any of these OR looking at
    any of the things stated then don't. This isn't an attack on your faith, but can't you see how critical these things are?

IF for example the two Watchtowers of 1989 were different then why?
    IF the insight book does show something the tablet in the British Musuem as different then why? Take the time to look at HOW i might answer these things even if you don't want to look yourself. These are big things which
    i personally couldn't ignore.

• collegegirl21
    collegegirl21

I must say that this is impressive and I think I'm going to print it off and use it for my parents. And I don't think its attacking at all, you just want him to be open to new things! Good work!

• KW13
    KW13

Good luck :)

• sixsixsixtynine
    sixsixsixtynine

nicely done!

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

Great. Just one thing:

The society teach 607 BCE, its critical to the 1914 teaching. Many scholars and historians and of course Archaeologists date the destruction to 587/586 BCE.

Not "Many Scholars", but pretty much all scholars. A few set the date to 588, etc, but noone (except the WTS) are 20 years of the mark.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/107943/1.ashx

When I read your post, I thought "there`s a ton more stuff than this, why not include the rest too?", but you`re right, and I`m wrong. It`s pointless to lay it all (the whole ton of material and arguments) on them right away, they won`t see the forest for all the trees. That`s my problem when I have been trying to mention these things to my relatives. There`s so much critical information, I wouldn`t know where to begin, and so the result is that I just stutter and mumble and get lost in my "chain of thought". You presented him with a nice summary.

• KW13
    KW13

Yeah, i dunno. I am sure you know about the wall that comes down if you aren't careful. i wanna be less attacking but not neutral either. i have nothing to defend.

I just wanna keep it cool!

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Good job!

One note: NGO is term that has no direct relationship to the UN or the UN/DPI per se. NGO describes the kind of organization the Watchtower Society is, nothing more.

It is like me saying that my wife is black. That doesn't make her part of the NAACP (in fact, it might make some among them frown on her association with them—nodding at YOU, Mr. Farrakhan). It is a descriptor of her, not of her relationship to anything or anyone else. "NGO" is the same type of descriptor.

The part that makes it a violation of their standards is that the UN/DPI has a special status that can only be applied for and obtained by NGOs, namely the status of "NGO Associate" which is a kind of membership. This is not a membership to the UN, rather it is a membership to the UN's "public relations" department (which is the real underlying function of any Department of Public Information).

You were entirely correct about the requirements, but just the fact that they became a member (no matter what the requirements were) was an act of apostasy according to their own standards.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

Kwin. I'll be interested to see how your stepdad replies. Good wishes your way.

~Merry

• KW13
    KW13

Thanks all for advice here and your honest thoughts.

So my progress so far?

Stepdad came in today and promised he'd look at all i put before him...this doesn't mean he'll openly admit what he reads is correct but in his mind as a clever person he will make the right conclusion.

IF anyone intends to speak to someone regarding any of the above keep it cool, listen to what they offer, study all that i mention YOURSELF so you can honestly say to people yep i studied this myself, its not from some apostate hating evil person. Feel free to PM me regarding this!

• greendawn
    greendawn

That's great research for a 17 year old I wish I could have known similar things at that age, but there was no internet at the time. Any father should proud of having an inquisitive and well informed son.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit