Is it possible for a person to EARN being president?

by DavidChristopher 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DavidChristopher
    DavidChristopher

Could we have a contest when a bunch of unsolved problems start plagueing our society? Get together all the brightests minds around, put them on TV. Give them the problems and see which one has the best ideas? That way the pres would always be on his toes to do a good good and solve our problems, rather than pursue his own agenda.

Kinda of like test driving a pres...The people would always have the best leader...one who proves his talents, rather than one who sells a bunch of empty promises to his uneducated people, then pursues his own desires.

I would like to get the pres's opinion on this idea....or would he have to have a poll first to see where the majority is, before commenting?

Any thoughts?

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

So we'd have president by committee? Have you ever tried to get anything done in a committee? Its almost possible. Also, the reason we had three sections of government, the judicial, the executive, and the legislative was so there would be checks and balances and so that the will of the majority would not override the rights of the minority.

Well thats pretty much effectively squelched, so we'll see how it all plays out, hey?

Sherry

• willyloman
    willyloman

I've been thinking we should elect our future presidents on a reality TV show, following the pattern set by American Idol. Everybody who wants to be president could audition and people could call in weekly to vote until there's just one left. The panel of judges could be Larry King, Barbara Walters and, of course, Jon Stewart.

• jstalin
    jstalin

This assumes that the president and/or government should be the solution to societal problems. Most often, government is a cause of problems, not the solution.

• Ténébreux
    Ténébreux
    Get together all the brightests minds around, put them on TV. Give them the problems and see which one has the best ideas?

Unfortunately the people who decide what gets shown on TV profit from a lot of those problems.

• DavidChristopher
    DavidChristopher

THE PANEL OF JUDGES SHOULD BE THE PEOPLE, EVERY LAST ONE.

Not Jon Stewart, Rush etc...Huh?

The people who hire them is supposed to be the people who have aggreed to live under their rules, and opinions.

Think about that.

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956
    The people who hire them is supposed to be the people who have aggreed to live under their rules, and opinions.

Think about that.

Actually the president is sworn to uphold the constitution and the bill of rights. They aren't "hired" to give rules and opinions, and they work for us, not visa-versa.

Sherry

• DavidChristopher
    DavidChristopher

vise versa? I think things are a little out of whack then,,IMO?

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

You won't get an argument from me on that!

Sherry

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit