Rare books

by slimboyfat 10 Replies latest jw friends

• slimboyfat
  • slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

These are some rare books on Jehovah's Witnesses I am looking for. If anyone knows where I could get these, or if anyone has copies and is interested in selling them, I could make you an offer:

Botting, Gary, Fundamental Freedoms and Jehovah's Witnesses.

Curry, Melvin Dotson, Jehovah's Witnesses: The Millenarian World of the Watch Tower

Czatt, Milton Stacey, The International Bible Students Jehovah's witnesses

Stroup, Herbert Hewitt, The Jehovah's Witnesses

Beverley, James, Crisis of Allegiance

Herle, Nelson, The Doctrine of the Trinity - Examined in the Light of History and the Bible

Pellechia, James N, The Sword and the Spirit: Jehovah's Witnesses Expose the Third Reich

• moggy lover
    moggy lover

As far as I can recall, Nelson Herle never actually published his work. It ended up as an unpublished manuscript distributed among a select group of JWs in the Los Angeles/San Francisco area. The only other copy is held by the WTS in Brooklyn.

I think you may be able to get some information at this site: for an answer.com [I'm sorry but I don't know how to put those lines at the bottom so you could acess the site you will need to punch the letters in]

Cheers

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Moggy,

I know it was not published, but it was fairly widely distributed among some American Witnesses, I believe. It also went through various "editions" as Herle updated his arguments over the years.

All the books I am looking for are very rare. I have been looking for many of them online for some time with no success. If anyone knows where I can get these particular items then I guess this forum is the place to look.

I have many more rare books I am looking for that I should add to this list. I will see what the response is for these ones first though, since I am most interested in these books.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

You have probably already looked...but try on Ebay!

Twas just an idea thats all.

DB74

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

ebay, amazon, albris, bookfinder - tried the lot.

This is a last resort.

There was a copy of Stroup on Albris a couple of months ago, but that's gone now. And there was a copy of "The Sword and the Spirit" on ebay last year - and it went for ridiculous money. The others I can't remember seeing anywhere for sale.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I have just found the Botting book, but the others I am still looking for.

• VM44
    VM44

Both the Stroup and Curry books are book versions of the author's PH.D dissertations.

Checking at Dissertation Express, http://wwwlib.umi.com/dxweb/search, I found the following listed:

THE JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES. STROUP, HERBERT H., PHD. NEW SCHOOL FOR SOCIAL RESEARCH, 1950 (Not Available)

JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES: THE EFFECTS OF MILLENARIANISM ON THE MAINTENANCE OF A RELIGIOUS SECT. CURRY, MELVIN DOTSON, JR., PhD. THE FLORIDA STATE UNIVERSITY, 1980. 322 pp.

An unbound photocopy of the Curry dissertation IS available for about $41.

I have seen a copy of the Stroup book in the local university library, so copies of that book are out there, at least to borrow using an Inter Library Loan (ILL) request.

The Curry book should also be available through ILL.

--VM44

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

bttt

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Can I bring this up once again for American posters who may be browsing of an evening?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit