Has anyone else had this experience?

by DevonMcBride 12 Replies latest jw experiences

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

I was speaking with an ex-JW the other day and she told me that before she was DF'd when she tried to anti-witness to her JW relatives, an elder found out and threatened physical harm to her dog. This isn't the first time I have heard about inactive or free thinking JW's being physically or emotionally threatened. Other than disfellowshipping and shunning, did any of you ever experience any physical or emotional obstacle or threat when trying to anti-witness to JW friends, family and acquaintainces?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

emotional yes - but never physical

• Honesty
    Honesty

A Minesterial Servant once told me, "get out my face you apostate". I replied, "If you bothered to read Romans, Galatians and Ephesians you would discover that the Watchtower Society is apostate. I trust Jesus as my Lord and Savior now instead of an organisation who you have allowed to replace Him in your life."

As far as being threatened with physical violence. No.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce
    ...an elder found out and threatened physical harm to her dog.

RollingOnTheFloorLaughingMyPoochOff!!! ..sorry I know I'm mad but that just cracks me up.

I was phsically threatened by my brother-in-law for rubbishing Watchtower prophesies - He started yelling and going nuts in my mothers house so I invited him outside .. but my sister held him back .. I wouldn't have hurt him much anyway .. just sat on him or hosed him off or something

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs
    just sat on him or hosed him off or something

heehee!!! **mental picture of uncle bruce sitting on a grown mans face**

at my last JC, the told me that if it weren't for modern law, they would take me out back and stone me.

luv, jojo

• theinfamousone
    theinfamousone

i went to a memorial after i left the org to please my mother... and i got pushed against the wall, hissed at by an elder... but see, he tried to keep me from leaving so i punched him and walked out... good story really!

the infamous one

• Super_Becka
    Super_Becka
    at my last JC, the told me that if it weren't for modern law, they would take me out back and stone me.

Well, isn't that charming?? And they wonder why people leave...

Remind me to tell my boyfriend about that sometime, I'm sure he'll deny it vehemently, but I think I saw a quote from the WT or Awake! that said that the WTS would kill apostates if it wasn't for the laws against killing people.

-Becka :)

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs
    i went to a memorial after i left the org to please my mother... and i got pushed against the wall, hissed at by an elder... but see, he tried to keep me from leaving so i punched him and walked out... good story really!

do tell!!!!

luv, jojo

• DigitalFokus
    DigitalFokus

nope, unfortunetly

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

get out of it!!! ROTFL .. aw you guys are gonna kill me today!

World Wide Witness Presents Spiritual Warfare at its best:

Come witness the fight of the millenium as the Watchtower Hardmen go head to head with the Super Apostates

OK ladies and gentlemen ..5 minute rounds no stoning or cruxafixion ... leeeettttsss rummble!!!

take that BOOF!SLAP!F$#@!THUMPUMPTICKLEPOKEuO

ooo its off to a viscius start Joelbear has greendawn in a headlock .. clang! sluggers headbutted Jaracz with his bucket .. ....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit